Plane Crashed: My Son-in-law Could use Some Prayers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    https://www.transylvaniatimes.com/n...cle_bbad3be2-edd3-11ec-a54c-373e1718d749.html

The above-linked news story and Sheriff's Office Press Release tell most of the story. My son-in-law and 2 friends were doing a sort of homage to the famous Cold War Candy Drop https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/sweet-story-berlin-candy-bomber-180965156/

They dropped small candy packs by parachute to a Christian Youth Camp in North Carolina. 2 of them were dads of campers and the 3rd was a camp counsellor. The drop was a huge success; the kids had a great time gathering the "air-drop" and then the guys flew to the rear of the property to shoot some aerial footage. At some point, the plane became unresponsive and went down. My son-in-law, who was an experienced pilot, his front seat passenger and long-time friend, both suffered massive facial injuries, broken arm, leg, collapsed lung, etc. as you can imagine.

The rear seat passenger seemed unhurt and pulled himself from the wreckage, then hiked out to get rescue help (later it was discovered that he had a torn small intestine). All 3 went to various advanced Trauma Centers and are expected to live but face long recovery in the case of the 2 front-seat guys.

My grandkids (including the one at the camp) don't know the extent of the injuries other than that "daddy got hurt and mommy has to go help take care of him in the hospital." The kids have a recent memory of an aunt in a car wreck, so they image that it's something similar, which is fine for now.

I've asked a mod for permission to link to a Gofundme for the medical expenses. If they OK it, I'll post more. In the meantime, please keep him and all involved in your prayers. If you're not the praying sort, then "good thoughts" will be appreciated as well.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    That’s awful man but on a positive note at least they all still have their lives and one hell of a story to tell. Hope they all make a full recovery soon.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Your Son-in-Law must have done a great job getting them down without it being a total disaster. All 3 are in my prayers.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    https://www.transylvaniatimes.com/n...cle_bbad3be2-edd3-11ec-a54c-373e1718d749.html

The above-linked news story and Sheriff's Office Press Release tell most of the story. My son-in-law and 2 friends were doing a sort of homage to the famous Cold War Candy Drop https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/sweet-story-berlin-candy-bomber-180965156/

They dropped small candy packs by parachute to a Christian Youth Camp in North Carolina. 2 of them were dads of campers and the 3rd was a camp counsellor. The drop was a huge success; the kids had a great time gathering the "air-drop" and then the guys flew to the rear of the property to shoot some aerial footage. At some point, the plane became unresponsive and went down. My son-in-law, who was an experienced pilot, his front seat passenger and long-time friend, both suffered massive facial injuries, broken arm, leg, collapsed lung, etc. as you can imagine.

The rear seat passenger seemed unhurt and pulled himself from the wreckage, then hiked out to get rescue help (later it was discovered that he had a torn small intestine). All 3 went to various advanced Trauma Centers and are expected to live but face long recovery in the case of the 2 front-seat guys.

My grandkids (including the one at the camp) don't know the extent of the injuries other than that "daddy got hurt and mommy has to go help take care of him in the hospital." The kids have a recent memory of an aunt in a car wreck, so they image that it's something similar, which is fine for now.

I've asked a mod for permission to link to a Gofundme for the medical expenses. If they OK it, I'll post more. In the meantime, please keep him and all involved in your prayers. If you're not the praying sort, then "good thoughts" will be appreciated as well.

This is horrible. If you can text me any information like names and such, I will have my church pray for them during prayer meeting Tuesday night. And then I will add them to our church prayer list! In Jesus name they are healed!!! You can text me the info at 3374760484

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Such a wonderful act marred by this accident but as mentioned they are alive!! Praying for your family and the others affected.

RossA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Houston, Republic of Texas

Praying in Jesus’ name.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Geez man that’s horrible. I will definitely say a prayer for all of you. Sounds like they have a strong support group so that will help a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thanks to all who have replied. I have not heard from any of the board managers about posting the gofundme link, but if you want to search for "plane crash" there I'm sure you can figure it out.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I pray they come out of this 100%..my son is scheduled for his first of 5 orientation flights with the Civil Air Patrol tomorrow. As much as I'm excited/happy for him I'll be lieing if I said I'm not a little worried.

He isn't an adrenalin junky and a afraid of heights, so he was on the fence about it. I talked him into giving it a try..... I hope I didnt steer him wrong.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Go Fund mes are the biggest scams.

Stop preying on people's kindness and list all facts.

Enlighten us on all of your facts please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom