Plane Crashed: My Son-in-law Could use Some Prayers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1ZFG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2021
    Covington
    My statement was in general about Go Fund Me(s). They're thrown together for anything and everything these days.

If you go read this Go Fund Me, it portrays a self employed person needing help financially due to a very horrible accident. Kinda playing on the downtrodden self employed perception, a bunch of kids, etc. While the accident totally sucks, some details are likely not included for the sake of perception. None of the GFM I see ever really do paint a full picture.

It was afterall an accident. I'm sure there weren't any possible issues related to an old plane making multiple low speed / low altitude passes to cascade candy to kids below, right? I'm sure nobody was trying to be cool and do something to show off for the kids, right? It's not like they were all wearing Top Gun flightsuits or were they?

I am no businessman, but if I owned a telecomm company and self reportedly made over $400k a year, I'd have a decent "oh **** fund" along with some good short and long term insurance if I was trying to be Maverick.

#1ZFG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2021
    Covington
    To be clear, I never said the author of this thread is lying or that this GFM is a scam, the news stories and the links are legit. My issue is with the author of the GFM telling people to "make generous contributions" blah blah, when the people injured should have already had their own plan B stacked and ready.

Ask for prayers, meals, good wishes, rain dances, anything you want, except for MONEY. You literally have people on fixed incomes putting GFM donations on credit cards to feel like they're helping make a difference with funds they dont even have for themselves... granted, it's their own decision to do so.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    #1ZFG, I don't know why you're so hostile to this, and I don't know where you got information to make you think my son-in-law makes $400K per year, but I do know that the money is needed. If you don't want to contribute, then don't. I've been here long enough for people to know I'm no scam artist.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I pray they come out of this 100%..my son is scheduled for his first of 5 orientation flights with the Civil Air Patrol tomorrow. As much as I'm excited/happy for him I'll be lieing if I said I'm not a little worried.

He isn't an adrenalin junky and a afraid of heights, so he was on the fence about it. I talked him into giving it a try..... I hope I didnt steer him wrong.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.
    The first time I flew in a small plane, I was 5 years old and it was my uncle's plane. I thought it was really cool. CAP are good people who do a lot of good in the area during disasters like hurricanes. The members that I personally know are definitely the polar opposite of adrenalin junkies. I hope your son fits in and enjoys it.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    There's good news to report. The friend in the front seat of the plane has been transferred to a hospital in Baton Rouge. My son-in-law is waiting for his rehab to get him in shape to go to one in New Orleans. My son-in-law posted to Facebook an amazing "thank you" to all who have prayed and/or helped financially or taken care of his kids or his business. He's had a real "George Bailey" moment. (I would also say that his "Clarence" definitely earned his wings.)

I'd also like to give my personal thanks to those on this board who responded with prayers or who helped on the GoFundMe. In a crazy world, it's nice to know that there are still some decent people.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    There's good news to report. The friend in the front seat of the plane has been transferred to a hospital in Baton Rouge. My son-in-law is waiting for his rehab to get him in shape to go to one in New Orleans. My son-in-law posted to Facebook an amazing "thank you" to all who have prayed and/or helped financially or taken care of his kids or his business. He's had a real "George Bailey" moment. (I would also say that his "Clarence" definitely earned his wings.)

I'd also like to give my personal thanks to those on this board who responded with prayers or who helped on the GoFundMe. In a crazy world, it's nice to know that there are still some decent people.

Glad to hear this sir!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Great news!

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    UPDATE: He's Home

Wheeling Daddy.jpeg

His 3-year-old daughter wheeled him into the house. They were both laughing. He's made enough recovery that his rehab is now going to be out-patient.

Of course, she had to check his temperature to be sure he was OK.

Nurse Lizzie.jpg

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear he's making good progress!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom