Polk County Firing Squad

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    This came in an E Mail...I cannot confirm or deny...however hopefully it will be confirmed...

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF GRADY JUDD

An illegal alien in Polk County Florida who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up 'executing' the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

A state-wide manhunt ensued.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area and as soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy
    68 times.

Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: 'Because that's all the ammunition we had.' Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what!

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes...

When asked by a reporter how that could be since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE of 2009) ...

"when you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

GOD BLESS AMERICA !

AND....
    If It ain't true it should be :D

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Found several articles where this occurred. He was in fact shot 68 times and he did in fact kill one officer and a K9. The sheriff was unapologetic (as he should have been).

However I cannot find where the coroner said anything similar to that email.

Edit to add: This was not a sanctioned firing squad. It was SWAT attempting to apprehend or stop a known murderer who had attempted to kill a surviving officer. He was ordered to surrender. He did not. And the articles I read were pretty factual. No liberal bruhaha. Email seems to be slanted, looking to fuel the us vs them bitchfest.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Found several articles where this occurred. He was in fact shot 68 times and he did in fact kill one officer and a K9. The sheriff was unapologetic (as he should have been).

However I cannot find where the coroner said anything similar to that email.

Edit to add: This was not a sanctioned firing squad. It was SWAT attempting to apprehend or stop a known murderer who had attempted to kill a surviving officer. He was ordered to surrender. He did not. And the articles I read were pretty factual. No liberal bruhaha. Email seems to be slanted, looking to fuel the us vs them bitchfest.

We all thought it was funny, I didn't get slant out of it...just life as it should be for a wetback cop killer, I'm glad to see the Snopes link, this Sheriff needs to hook up with Sheriff Joe

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    We all thought it was funny, I didn't get slant out of it...just life as it should be for a wetback cop killer, I'm glad to see the Snopes link, this Sheriff needs to hook up with Sheriff Joe

That's just it though. Even snopes said the variation changed from suspect to "illegal alien" in the email. And half of the Sheriff's comment was mysteriously dropped off. To me "That's all the ammo we had" is drastically different in meaning than the follow up "we weren't taking chances with this guy [because he had already killed one, and shot another]"

The implication is one sheriff doesn't give a damned about public sentiment, and the other is he is extremely protective and supportive of his officers. When you're dealing with the public, at least in my mind, how you say it is just as important as what you say.

And the email removing "suspect" to make several mentions of illegal alien. That's like saying it's even better because he wasn't a white guy.

*shrugs* I don't disagree with what was said as it was happening. I just disagree with this left vs right attitude. Purposely omitting select words and replacing them with others to inspire additional reaction makes the email slanted.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I was living in Highlands County, which is right next to Polk when this happened. If I remember correctly the officer was conducting a traffic stop and the suspect fired on him. The suspect ran, the officer along with his K9 chased him into a wooded area. The suspect fired on the deputy and killed him and his K9.

The suspect was cornered a few hours later. He drew his gun on several members of the SWAT team and was subsequently shot. I'm sure the suspect had a few holes in him but no idea if it was more or less than 68.

Sheriff Judd was pretty vocal about the incident but the comments about running out of ammo was ********. The sad part of this story is the deputy had two small children. :(

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Snopes is not credible.
    They do cite their sources of information (news articles, books, etc.) @ the bottom of the articles so you can read them for yourself.
    Sources:

McCartney, Anthony. "Thousands Expected at Polk Deputy's Funeral."
    Tampa Tribune. 3 October 2006 (Nation/World, p. 1).

Taylor, Gary. "Suspect in Deputy's Death Riddled with Bullets."
    Orlando Sentinel. 30 September 2006.

Townsend, Billy. "Ambush, Manhunt Details Revealed."
    Tampa Tribune. 8 October 2006 (Metro; p. 1).

Townsend, Billy. "No Fault Found in Shooting of Man Who Killed Polk Deputy."
    Tampa Tribune. 5 June 2008.

Vansickle, Abbie. "Sheriff's Talk Angers Suspect's Family."
    St. Petersburg Times. 6 October 2006 (p. B1).

Associated Press. "Officers Fired 110 Rounds at Man Suspected in Deputy's Death in Florida, Autopsy Shows."
    1 October 2006.

Associated Press. "FBI to Investigate Shooting of Man Who Killed Sheriff's Deputy."
    24 November 2006.

:)

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    This came in an E Mail...I cannot confirm or deny...however hopefully it will be confirmed...

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF GRADY JUDD

An illegal alien in Polk County Florida who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up 'executing' the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

A state-wide manhunt ensued.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area and as soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy
    68 times.

Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: 'Because that's all the ammunition we had.' Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what!

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes...

When asked by a reporter how that could be since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE of 2009) ...

"when you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

GOD BLESS AMERICA !

AND....
    If It ain't true it should be :D

Aside from this email which has been circulating for several years, is there any evidence that Angilo Freeland was an illegal immigrant?

In fact, does anybody have any links to the original source material? I've been trying to find them without luck. If you can find them please post them. I'd like to read them.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    http://www.metroedit.com/2009/05/how-accurate-is-snopescom/

Read the Readers Digest article at bottom... 2 people...

Mandeville thing should be easy to check...

Wow. Metroedit, eh? Must be true then :)

Yeah. I read that last year. No evidence to back up the Obama birth certificate denial, but there's plenty to back it up. We've already been down that road. The bottom line of that argument is that even though everyone whose ever answered the phone at the Hawaii Dept of Health says it's true, even though the people responsible for certifying elections in the United States sway it's true, nevertheless it's possible that aliens time-shifted and planted birth announcements in two major Hawaii newspapers, and then assumed the identity of the nurse who delivered him to say he was really born, actually it may all be false.

I'll grant you that one :rolleyes:

The Mandeville story is unverifiable, so we can drop that one too. The hardcore Republican owners say that their parent company threatened them but produced no evidence. Their parent company says no. Where's the proof?

{edit - added 30 minutes later}http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/internet/a/snopes_exposed.htm{/edit}

I say CE Hollier is a liar unless he can back this up with real proof.

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Yeah. I read that last year. No evidence to back up the Obama birth certificate denial, but there's plenty to back it up. We've already been down that road. The bottom line of that argument is that even though everyone whose ever answered the phone at the Hawaii Dept of Health says it's true, even though the people responsible for certifying elections in the United States sway it's true, nevertheless it's possible that aliens time-shifted and planted birth announcements in two major Hawaii newspapers, and then assumed the identity of the nurse who delivered him to say he was really born, actually it may all be false.

I'll grant you that one :rolleyes:

The Mandeville story is unverifiable, so we can drop that one too. Why? Your close? The hardcore Republican owners say that their parent company threatened them but produced no evidence. Their parent company says no. Where's the proof?

I say CE Hollier is a liar unless he can back this up with real proof.

Ummm....

What I said was that Snoops was 2 people.

And gave you some links to check if YOU wanted to.

If you are gonna put such faith in 2 people... why not just take what I and say... BamBam say on such trust?:D

I stay out of the 'Birther stuff' other than to note that Obama has spent well over 1 Mil to keep 'us' from seeing it...
    Makes me wonder why.
    Hadn't seen the other stuff you claim about it... but I havn't looked much.
    (Can you document that, or are you just slinging mud to see what sticks?):p
    -Other than that... I don't care, because it will make no difference. He's staying in.

bigpoppat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lakeview/Gentilly
    Here is the Wikipedia page of the guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angilo_Freeland

angelo_freeland_1.jpg

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Aside from this email which has been circulating for several years, is there any evidence that Angilo Freeland was an illegal immigrant?

In fact, does anybody have any links to the original source material? I've been trying to find them without luck. If you can find them please post them. I'd like to read them.

This was the most detailed article from a credible source that I could find. The article says that Freeland did produce false identification but does stop short on calling the individual an "illegal immigrant."

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...-Officers-Were-Justified-in-Freeland-Shooting

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    The bottom line of that argument is that even though everyone whose ever answered the phone at the Hawaii Dept of Health says it's true.

Got interested (Mildly) and I wonder... if they won't show them because 'It's private information'... then how does 'Everyone' Know?
    And why does 'Everyone' say?
    And WHO is 'Everyone'?

(Isn't that the kind fo thing you ask?):D

Please provide Documentation of who 'Everyone' is, and how 'everyone' knows, and WHAT they say is true.

I say 'Everyone' is a liar unless ?They? can back it up with real proof.:p

even though the people responsible for certifying elections in the United States sway it's true,

"People"

And 'Say' (I'm assuming)...

Same Question. WHO are these people.
    WHEN did they ceritfy (Say... maby AFTER he was the most powerful man in the world with the power of THE superpower behind him?)
    Do you have any links to the Original source material? I'd like to read it.:mamoru:

birth announcements in two major Hawaii newspapers,.
    Can you please provide some original source documentation to prove these are not plausable (Not saying they are the truth, just asking for source documentation.)
    http://24ahead.com/obama-birth-announcements
    I guess it's possible that Liberals time shifted and went back and MADE SURE that there was only an 'announcement of birth' for his grandparents to show people... (Being that the newspaper played a MUCH more important part Pre-internet) and did NOT say where he was born!;)

Originally Posted by my-rifle View Post
    the nurse who delivered him to say he was really born.
    Can you provide some documentation to prove she is the nurse wh odelivered him, some ORIGINAL documentation.

Where's the proof?:D

Please prove what you had for breakfast.

I say you are a liar unless you can back this up with real proof.:D;)
    (Yea, rather than just doubting you) ;)

I'm waiting some reading material.
    Thanks, I'm sure you understand.:rofl:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Got interested (Mildly) and I wonder... if they won't show them because 'It's private information'... then how does 'Everyone' Know?
    And why does 'Everyone' say?
    And WHO is 'Everyone'?

(Isn't that the kind fo thing you ask?):D

Please provide Documentation of who 'Everyone' is, and how 'everyone' knows, and WHAT they say is true.

I say 'Everyone' is a liar unless ?They? can back it up with real proof.:p

"People"

And 'Say' (I'm assuming)...

Same Question. WHO are these people.
    WHEN did they ceritfy (Say... maby AFTER he was the most powerful man in the world with the power of THE superpower behind him?)
    Do you have any links to the Original source material? I'd like to read it.:mamoru:

Can you please provide some original source documentation to prove these are not plausable (Not saying they are the truth, just asking for source documentation.)
    http://24ahead.com/obama-birth-announcements
    I guess it's possible that Liberals time shifted and went back and MADE SURE that there was only an 'announcement of birth' for his grandparents to show people... (Being that the newspaper played a MUCH more important part Pre-internet) and did NOT say where he was born!;)

Can you provide some documentation to prove she is the nurse wh odelivered him, some ORIGINAL documentation.

Where's the proof?:D

Please prove what you had for breakfast.

I say you are a liar unless you can back this up with real proof.:D;)
    (Yea, rather than just doubting you) ;)

I'm waiting some reading material.
    Thanks, I'm sure you understand.:rofl:

Ahhhh .. You 're not going to trip me up with this sophistry. :)

CE Hollier, I'm calling you out. Prove your claim.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Ahhhh .. You 're not going to trip me up with this sophistry. :)

CE Hollier, I'm calling you out. Prove your claim.

Not at all.

I am meerly asking you to provide what you demand of others.
    Especially since your statement is FULL of indistinct statements, generalities, and descriptions.

I'm calling you out. Prove your claims.

Top Bottom