Precision...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Half a million? Does that include real estate?

You could setup a whole new shop, advertise, and all for that kinda change.

Last edited:

HybridMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    yep includes the land and facility. That alone would probably appraise for around 300k.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Hrm well then that's not too bad of a deal. Wonder why they're selling. . .

And yes you can buy clientele, it just requires providing a better product and letting people know about it.

HybridMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    The owner has another business in New York and is tired of going back and forth to Louisiana. I know the place makes money, just look at their sign in sheet every time you go in. Sometimes 90+ shooters come through in ONE day. That's $1200+ just in range rental, not including ammo sales. A $500,000 loan would only be about a $3500 monthly note. It's hard as hell getting a business loan for that much though. Only way is if you have something worth 500K to put up for collateral, which I don't.

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    It's hard as hell getting a business loan for that much though. Only way is if you have something worth 500K to put up for collateral, which I don't.

it is easy to form an LLC with a partner to manage said business.

its not a business loan to start one either, its a loan to buy out an a business already formed with a history in the area. if you can prove its profitable to the bank, its a lot easier to get the loan.

and for the person that said you can buy clientele,...

...pony up the cash for the advertisement needed to build a base the size of precision's. they've been around for years, regular shooters there aren't going to drop everything and go to your range, especially those with memberships that any sane purchaser will honor after the sale.

if anybody on here is remotely the same way as i in this reasoning, they know you can't put a price on loyalty.

whoever buys the range better change the rule about shooting only brass cased ammunition, though. i know that ran off quite a few customers.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah, it is a lot easier to get a loan on an existing, profitable business, which is itself the collateral along with any property that is part of the business.

And while I know you can't put a price on loyalty, the fact that they have in the past "[run] off quite a few customers" is enough to show that customers will run off and go somewhere else.

While I have never been to precision myself, from things I've heard from friends it gives me the same feeling that I get when I go to most gun shops and such. . . employees looking at me like "what do you want" instead of "how can I help you," as if they don't particularly need your business so they don't feel they should go out of their way.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    buy it cliff and change that dang "rapid fire" rule!!!

I've never heard anything about "rapid fire" personally... I've heard them say something to some guys on the rifle range about not doing it, but I've emptied several 17rd glock mags into a target in a row with no comments from them... maybe its because I'm actually hitting the target and not the ceiling like most people in there lol

Rhans405

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I've been going there for years. They've always been nice and polite to me. It did get crowded at times (esp post Katrina) and they always seem to have trouble maintaining the target pulleys but I've had nothing but good experiences there. Hope the new management is as nice. The non brass rule was a thorn, though.

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    gun businesses aren't easy to own. there's lots of red tape, and the insurance and liability are what's probably going to end up costing you. The range has to be inspected and blah blah, and its alot of stuff and that so called stuff isn't free.

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    the reason gun stores have trouble maintaining target pulleys is because bad shooters constantly hit them or the target carrier trying to get headshots, when they suck, even accidental ones suck though. if you're shooting that fast to miss the middle of the target you're not doing anyone a favor,especially in a real self defense situation...unless you enjoy negligent homicide charges of course.

Precision

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2006
    Precision Info

To all Precision customers:

First off, we would all like to thank you very much for your past and continued support, it is very much appreciated. Secondly, we wanted to let everyone know that the "brass only policy" has been eliminated, effective 9-28-06. Please feel free to bring in any type cased ammuntion that you would like. Also, there is only a rapid fire policy for the rifle range. We have found over the years that VERY few people are capable of accurate rapid fire with semi-auto rifles(mainly 7.62x39mm). We define "rapid fire" as gunfire that results from a person pulling the trigger as fast as they can. When this is done with an AK-47 or SKS, the usual result is the first couple/few rounds being on target and the rest tearing up range equipment. It becomes VERY expensive in a VERY short period of time when you have to make repairs to the track system and the target carriers. It is much more manageable to accomplish accurate rapid fire with a handgun, which for the most part, we allow. As long as you can keep all rounds on the target, you can shoot as fast as you would like. We think this is a very reasonable request. We have also found out through the years that there are people that come into our range and intentionally aim for and shoot range equipment. This has been the most serious with scoped high power rifles. We have on a couple occasions had to call the Sherriff's Dept and have a couple people charged with willful destruction of private property. We have caught several instances on our closed circuit CCD cameras. This makes it very difficult to keep the range fee where it is, when you have people coming in and intentially destroying thousands of dollars in range equipment. We know that this is a very small group of people that do things like this, but unfortunately it doesn't take too many people to cause a lot of monetary damage. All we ask is that our customers be mindful of what they are shooting at and that they do their absolute level best to keep all gunfire on target. This keeps range fees in check, makes the range a safe & fun place to shoot, and keeps the lanes up and running for other persons to utilize.

Once again, thank you to all of our customers for helping us keep Precision a fun and safe place to shoot! We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty and support.

Sincerely,
    Precision Firearms & Indoor Range
    11426 Cloverland Avenue
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 70809

225-754-RANGE(7264)

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    To all Precision customers:

First off, we would all like to thank you very much for your past and continued support, it is very much appreciated. Secondly, we wanted to let everyone know that the "brass only policy" has been eliminated, effective 9-28-06. Please feel free to bring in any type cased ammuntion that you would like. Also, there is only a rapid fire policy for the rifle range. We have found over the years that VERY few people are capable of accurate rapid fire with semi-auto rifles(mainly 7.62x39mm). We define "rapid fire" as gunfire that results from a person pulling the trigger as fast as they can. When this is done with an AK-47 or SKS, the usual result is the first couple/few rounds being on target and the rest tearing up range equipment. It becomes VERY expensive in a VERY short period of time when you have to make repairs to the track system and the target carriers. It is much more manageable to accomplish accurate rapid fire with a handgun, which for the most part, we allow. As long as you can keep all rounds on the target, you can shoot as fast as you would like. We think this is a very reasonable request. We have also found out through the years that there are people that come into our range and intentionally aim for and shoot range equipment. This has been the most serious with scoped high power rifles. We have on a couple occasions had to call the Sherriff's Dept and have a couple people charged with willful destruction of private property. We have caught several instances on our closed circuit CCD cameras. This makes it very difficult to keep the range fee where it is, when you have people coming in and intentially destroying thousands of dollars in range equipment. We know that this is a very small group of people that do things like this, but unfortunately it doesn't take too many people to cause a lot of monetary damage. All we ask is that our customers be mindful of what they are shooting at and that they do their absolute level best to keep all gunfire on target. This keeps range fees in check, makes the range a safe & fun place to shoot, and keeps the lanes up and running for other persons to utilize.

Once again, thank you to all of our customers for helping us keep Precision a fun and safe place to shoot! We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty and support.

Sincerely,
    Precision Firearms & Indoor Range
    11426 Cloverland Avenue
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 70809

225-754-RANGE(7264)

Thanks for chiming in and clearing some things up. It's really nice to have some first hand knowledge coming straight from the source.

Also, thanks for signing up for the site. It's nice to see a local business that I personally support signed up on my site. I hope to see you around more!

Also, if you're interested in advertising, please let me know. The site is new and still small but I plan on growing it substantially.

Rhans405

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for the update Precision. Like I've said, I've had nothing but good experiences there. There was a post earlier about the range being for sale. Is that true?

Brians_45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    Maurepas, LA
    I am glad that Precision chimed in. It is great to know that the business will be transferred and not just closing the doors. :)

Top Bottom