Precision...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    hopefully they continue the "women shoot free" thing, thats the only reason I go is because my gf can go free. Now if only LEO's get free too... I'd be there all the time :-D

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    hopefully they continue the "women shoot free" thing, thats the only reason I go is because my gf can go free. Now if only LEO's get free too... I'd be there all the time :-D

I talked to Kevin yesterday - they are definitely planning to continue the "women shoot free" program, but it will be modified somewhat.

Right now it looks as if they will allow ladies to shoot free on Monday-Thursday. They also plan to conduct some short instructional clinics aimed (no pun intended) at teaching basic handgun safety to women.

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    Women shooting free is the only reason I have gone to the range on many occasions (I'm not one to shoot alone). If they stop it on the weekends (the only time I go), then they will see me a lot less. I'm not saying that as a threat (like they even care). I'm saying it as a simple fact. I know all things can't stay the same, so I respect any changes they make. I just won't be around as much to see the changes.

RA357SIGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2007
    Precision Firearms is now owned by two local attornies;Wade Duty and Bruce Dodd.They are both good fellas and have put alot of time and money into making the range a better place for everybody.Long overdue.

Their FFL license should be ready next week so guns should soon be hitting the shelves.New inventory has already started to come in.Machine gun rentals are also in the works.

Women shoot free Monday thru Thursday.The range fee it still $15.

There should be no more ammo or target shortages.

Hours are:

Monday-Friday: 10AM-9PM
    Saturday:10AM-10PM
    Sunday:10AM-7PM

Memberships have gone down form $250 to $225 a year.

Feel free to call if you have any questions.

225-754-7264

Thanks,
    Patrick

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Precision Firearms is now owned by two local attornies;Wade Duty and Bruce Dodd.They are both good fellas and have put alot of time and money into making the range a better place for everybody.Long overdue.

Their FFL license should be ready next week so guns should soon be hitting the shelves.New inventory has already started to come in.Machine gun rentals are also in the works.

Women shoot free Monday thru Thursday.The range fee it still $15.

There should be no more ammo or target shortages.

Hours are:

Monday-Friday: 10AM-9PM
    Saturday:10AM-10PM
    Sunday:10AM-7PM

Memberships have gone down form $250 to $225 a year.

Feel free to call if you have any questions.

225-754-7264

Thanks,
    Patrick

That's some great info!

RA357SIGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2007
    Does Precision hold any or (plan to hold) weeknite matches of any kind? Or weekend (nite) matches for that matter.

There is a fairly informal match held every Monday evening at 6PM.Basically a bunch of good guys getting together and having fun.Larry from La. Gun and Reloading Supply is one of the guys that run it.If you want to shoot in it just show up and meet the guys/gals.

There could possibly be other plans for some more serious competition shooting in the future but there are other things to address first.

Patrick

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    I went in this past week.

They should have gotten some new display cases and new guns in this week.

One of the Owners is a Real Nice guy (does a lot with Kids too), I talked with him for about 30-45 min last week.

The Monday Night events seem to be an IDPA themed event. andthe plate lane seems to have a lateral rail moving target system too.

I would like to make my next purchase with them ,but I will probably be needing larry for a transfer or Will for a Fun gun..

Phaetos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    Found you Skywlkr! I'm following you :)

jldak318

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2006
    me and my g/f went to precision last night, i was very pleased when i went there. i walked in the door and got a nice,"hello, how are yall doing today? what can i help yall with?" i was shocked when they said that. it seems like that place is turning around. the lanes are clean and have a fresh coat of paint on them and the ventilation is pretty good if you ask me. the people at the front desk just seem like they want to provide good customer survice. did i mention that they are really nice. yall need to go check it out, its almost like a whole new range.

jldak318

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2006
    spanky, we are going friday at about 3 so if you want to tag along you are more than welcome.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    On that note, could someone post a summary of rates.

Iirc it's $15/day all day. you can come and go as you please for that day. that was before new ownership but i have a membership and am not sure if that price changed.

Top Bottom