Precision

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Shot there after work, a bit crowded due to their CCW class. I waited 5 mins and they cleared the lobby.

Ventilation was outstanding.
    Lighting was good.

.45 are $17 ish (magtech)

.40 are $14 ish (magtech

.223 are 9 ish (remington)

Sales Rep I dealt with is Chris. Nice fellow.

Shop is a bit nice now, not to many firearms or accessories. A few, about 30 pistols, a few ar15's.

I would like to see a tad more and some other accessories, optics, and knifes, just to add some sales competition in town.

Didn't leave me with a bad taste, in fact their range membership from today till years end is 99.50 with no range fees ever. This week it will be the best C note I spent.

Might as well add a room on for me.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I was an original member of the place back when it was "The Firing Line" in the early 80's and it has certainly changed a lot over the years. One thing is for sure though, it has never really come close to being the the type of quality facility it is becoming now. From what I hear there are nothing but good things on the way too. They are in the continuing process of upgrading everything. I was told that reactive/moving targets as well as a huge new inventory are coming soon. It's about time Baton Rouge had a place like this. I pretty pumped about it!

Forrest

REO
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I was a member in 2000-02, when ownership had just changed hands. They had very good prices on guns and reasonable rates...for a while. I spent several thousand dollars there and almost bought my AR50 from them, but they jerked me around quite a bit on that deal. Then they started doing crazy things like insisting all ammo be purchased from them "for insurance purposes" and their membership rates went up 250%, and I haven't been back since.

The facilities were decent, they had a nice plate rack and some pins stands.

I've heard it's changed hands yet again, have to go back soon and check it out. At the time it was the only range in Baton Rouge, but I heard someone else opened one 2-3 years ago.

Some advice though, if you're going to spend a lot of time at indoor ranges, get your lead level checked regularly. I've heard some scary stories from guys who reload a lot and shoot indoors all the time.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Cant say but they might be using some HEPA filters, they air duct above my station today smelt freash, and the cloud that generally forms was not visable.

I was on the right side of the range. Some dude was blasting with 9mm and 30 rd mag, and some guy rented a shot gun to shoot... Kinda odd. Anyways not 1 cloud to speak of. Going back tommorow, and monday. Gonna scout it out some more at various times.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Just a few pic from my Blackberry, (i forgot I had it on 1600x1200 high res sorry, not a bad camera for a cell phone, 1 blur pic) from tonights shoot. I didn't compete but I will next week, just wanted to get a feel for shooters there.

Very laid back.

$5 for members $10 for non members, no cash prizes just braggin rights. Fee covers targets & range fee

Last edited:

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Will be there tommorow night, Gonna rock out with the baby glock. + I need to zero in the EOTech. I'll bring the camera and take some better pics.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Hopefully the rifle range is open and stays open longer than a week. The old management was continually having problems with keeping it functional. Seems like someone would come in and shoot up the target system not long after it became functional and it would be down again. Definitely a safer place to shoot than Red Stick and hopefully the employees aren't strange like that dude. Looks like its cheaper now too. Do u have to buy their ammo to shoot ?

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    NO. but the do check it for AP
    Prices are above in this thread... Not to bad if you dont wanna drive all over town.

I have been 5 times in the past 10 days. rifle range hasn't been down.

Top Bottom