PRS shooters?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjt0311

Pocket Ninja
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Any PRS shooters in the Baton Rouge area?
    Looking to do some centerfire comps this coming year. I’ve been doing some .22 NRL/PRS matches for the last year and looking to step up to the cf game.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    I shoot PRS (I shoot the Palo matches Barry is talking about also which are F-Class/FTR not PRS). The closest PRS matches are in Pioneer LA, Carthage MS, and Baker FL. If you are on fb join the LPRC group they post matches there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/968746629830776

If not you can follow this page: https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/profiles/clubs/SE

PM me if you are interested in getting involved. I only shoot around 3 PRS a year but I keep updated on them. I do shoot the F-Class/Prone matches at Palo (600 yds fixed) a few times a year also so I can tell you about those.

cjt0311

Pocket Ninja
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Gunline in cartage MS. But we have swapped to a PRS .22 as the NRL got kinda stupid with between shots jump up run to a bucket do a jumping Jack and say uncle Jessie.
    But…with NRL it was out to 100 which was ok. But we routinely go to 300+ (500 being the farthest if tried/hit)

There was also a great match put on at the fulsnier complex? Sure I’m spelling that wrong. A few months back and there was one oct 9 tho I missed that one. I hope they continue to do those with more frequent dates. As it was a lot closer than the 4 hour trek to MS.

Last edited:

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Gunline in cartage MS. But we have swapped to a PRS .22 as the NRL got kinda stupid with between shots jump up run to a bucket do a jumping Jack and say uncle Jessie.
    But…with NRL it was out to 100 which was ok. But we routinely go to 300+ (500 being the farthest if tried/hit)

There was also a great match put on at the fulsnier complex? Sure I’m spelling that wrong. A few months back and there was one oct 9 tho I missed that one. I hope they continue to do those with more frequent dates. As it was a lot closer than the 4 hour trek to MS.

Yea, Fusilier complex, I think Greg has been putting those on. I've shot some matches there just not the .22 stuff.
    We are hoping that Kenny gets the new Cutoff Range setup to run some matches there as it would be a lot closer for everyone here but the don't have a wide range so may have to be a smaller match.

TheBigRServices

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Loranger, La
    The LPRC oneday matches are always fun and laid back and ran by people that have being doing it a long time. We usually stay at oak grove hotel which is about 20 minutes from the range. I've never had to do jumping jacks or say unlce jesse at a LPRC match lol. I havn't shot at the Gunline range yet but we are looking forward to it, hopefully this coming season.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom