PSA: moving with reloading components/equipment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    IT SUCKS!!

Just moved out of my house and by far the worst part of moving was moving my reloading gear and components. Every box weights a million pounds and temp storing my presses is awkward as hell. Then to top it off my new house isn't ready yet so all my reloading stuff is in a storage unit and unusable until the new house is ready. So 2 months of no reloading is ahead for me.

oneshy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    Houma La
    The exact reason I chose to stay where I am. Only difference is: I have 2 million pounds of firearm related items and my storage is already full.

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    IT SUCKS!!

Just moved out of my house and by far the worst part of moving was moving my reloading gear and components. Every box weights a million pounds and temp storing my presses is awkward as hell. Then to top it off my new house isn't ready yet so all my reloading stuff is in a storage unit and unusable until the new house is ready. So 2 months of no reloading is ahead for me.
    Just got my final revision done of my bench then waited on Inline Fabrication parts to come in….. didn’t load for two weeks & it sucked!

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    I wish I only had to wait two weeks. Looking like it won't be until May that the new house is done then I have to get all of my reloading stuff moved to the new house.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2022
    US
    IT SUCKS!!

Absolutely, just moved a literal ton of lead (all ingots) plus my bench, press, dies scales and brass...

Pros: purge out all the stuff cluttering the bench top, get to reorganize

Cons: absolute logistically a nightmare and I have to reorganize...oh and re familiarize myself with where everything is again

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Lee Hand Press Kit and a set of dies .
    You can reload at kitchen table , computer desk , sitting in easy chair , on coffee table ...I've even sat on the bed and reloaded ammo .
    The Hand Press is not bench mounted , small and goes everywhere in a small bag .
    I have been reloading all my handgun and 30-30 rifle with it . It comes with a Lee Ram Prime for priming cases .
    I have 5 bench mounted presses but have found the Lee Hand Press so useful I have two now and only sit at the bench for large rifle sizing 30-06 , 303 british and such ...everything else gets done with the hand press . They are a great idea and they work !
    Gary

Top Bottom