Public archery range?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darkh2odiver

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    New Orleans
    Is there any place me and my wife can go and shoot our bow within an hour of New Orleans? Just looking for some place with a good backdrop that we can practice 50yd bow shoots. Thank you. Scott

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Shag's (on vets next to Hooters) will rent you a lane. I want to say its like $5.
    I've also met up with a friend that lived on the westbank. We've gone to the Algiers levee and shot. There are two levees there and you can use one as a backdrop.

I've also shot in the spillway. Finding a good safe backstop isn't as easy.I usually loose a few arrows when I shoot outdoors. Its actually cheaper to shoot at a range if you count the lost/ bent arrow cost.

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Waddill wild life refuge off of flanery in BR has the best range I've been to. If you have a harness you can get on there 20 ft platform. They have roughly 15-20 3d targets out to 60yrds.

darkh2odiver

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    New Orleans
    Thanks for the info. I found a GREAT 3D range on the west bank. It has 60 rienheart targets ranging from 15-50 yards. Sitting, standing, neeling, ground blinds, just all kinds of great stuff....

darkh2odiver

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    New Orleans
    The name of the range is SLO 3D Archery. It is in Belle Chase. It is members only. You can go to there web site a get one for $150.00 a year for a single membership. I've meet the owner and he is Great! The drive is worth every second spent in the truck! Me and my wife are averaging about 3 days a week at the range when I'm home from offshore. There web site is slo3darchery.com

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom