Question about ATV registration .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I received a notice to renew the registration on an ATV I had owned . The machine has been junked and I have no Idea where it's at now . I sent an email to the DOTD and told them the situation and the reply said " I have to cancel the registration in person " blah , blah . I'm inclined to just ignore the whole thing and move on but the wife is afraid of some kind of flag on my license , etc. What's the deal ?

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Not apples to apples but… I bought a new 4 wheeler had the tags etc as new and it got stolen. I never did anything else with it dmv wise since then. Recently bought a SxS and it has a tag which is equal to the license plate according to the registration.

Maybe you can go to the plate drop area on the dmv and drop the old tag number?

Just a guess though.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Just ignore it. Ive sold off quite a few and lost one to the flood. There is no requirement to re register if using on personal property etc. Only required if going on state wmas etc. You will not have a flag or i would have at least 5

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another tax disguised as a fee. When I bought my atv the dealer added the fee for the registration. I asked what is that for. He said I had to register it so I could use the atv on state property. I said I didn't need it and didn't want it. He said it was required on new atv's. I got a registration notice in a couple of years and threw it in the trash.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom