question about out of state gun shows

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    im in oklahoma right now they have a gun and knife show this weekend. i was wondering could i purchase guns over here? would there be any extra paper work? second question im am on business and therefore i cannot fly with a firearm according to company policy. i know if i would be able to purchase one i could ship it to my ffl. but that would start to add up and defeat the purpose of a good deal. would it be possible to disassemble gun send barrel and slide in one package and the rest in another package to my home.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    You cannot buy the gun without an FFL transfer since you arent in a neighboring state. You can buy a long gun in a neighboring state (I bought a shotgun in Texas once) but handgun purchases cannot cross state lines without FFL transfer. Since OK does not border LA, any gun you buy will have to be shipped to a FFL.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    You cannot buy the gun without an FFL transfer since you arent in a neighboring state. You can buy a long gun in a neighboring state (I bought a shotgun in Texas once) but handgun purchases cannot cross state lines without FFL transfer. Since OK does not border LA, any gun you buy will have to be shipped to a FFL.

I taught my boy well!

;)

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    well i went to the gun show. snookie would have been happy they had a few chrome taurus 45's out there i should have taken a picture. some ok prices but nothing that i couldnt get back home at our arts and crafts shows. 12 dollars admission was a little steep but they did have an abundance of guns took me over two hours to walk the thing and i only really stopped and bullshitted with two guys. one about some class three stuff and another guy was getting misinformed about a glock. i bought three raffle tickets for a vfw thing. i figured even if i won id just pay for them to ship the gun case and the knife and tell them to reauction the gun off. it was a mossberg shotgun a pelican case and a custom handmade knife. bought three tickets for five bucks got to support the vfw, they really made my grandfathers funeral something to remember.

Top Bottom