Questions for IPad owners

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10shotgroup

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Denham Springs
    How is the WiFi reception. Is it better than a Iphone 3gs. All of my Internet at my house comes through a router and my iPhone does not even pick up the signal in the most impotant places. If the ipads antenna is no better, this is a deal breaker.

Also can I use it to manage my Iphone? Sync the two togather? Specifically can I update my iPhone with an ipad.

Does it support flash players? I don't want to miss out on half of the Internet.

Both of our household laptops are just limping by and I'm considering goning to ipad and iPhones only.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Being an iPhone user and lover, and a mac user and lover, I must admit that I don't see the point in an ipad. I'm sure others do but the ipad is a large iPhone that can't make calls. Maybe as a reader. I would spend the extra money and get a MacBook. Your usefulness would go up 100x. You could even put windows on bootcamp on it and do anything you would ever need. You could watch movies in the built in DVD drive and not have to rip/transfer or rent them to it.

But I know people who have and love their ipads. This is just the way I see it. My opinion. And we all know opinions are like buttholes

Safari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007
    Being an iPhone user and lover, and a mac user and lover, I must admit that I don't see the point in an ipad. I'm sure others do but the ipad is a large iPhone that can't make calls. Maybe as a reader. I would spend the extra money and get a MacBook. Your usefulness would go up 100x. You could even put windows on bootcamp on it and do anything you would ever need. You could watch movies in the built in DVD drive and not have to rip/transfer or rent them to it.

But I know people who have and love their ipads. This is just the way I see it. My opinion. And we all know opinions are like buttholes

I have a wifi ipad and I am using it now. The reception Is fine, wish It had flash. Very good at content delivery. I own 3 iPhones, 1 iMac, 1 Mac Book Pro the Ipad fills a gap for me but it is not a replacement for a Macbook.

Battery life is great, play music all day and watch several movies in a row.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I would own one if it had flash but that was the deal breaker for me. It already annoys the crap out of me when im reading threads on my iphone and somebody post a vid that needs a flash player like on liveleak and I cant view it.

Top Bottom