Questions on Concealed Carry Permit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Where is the best place to take the class in Baton Rouge ( Saturdays ) ?
    After you complete the course , what's next ? Fingerprints ? Photo ?
    Will the LSP do this or do I have to go elsewhere ?

Dan

Y.T.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Central
    I couldn't tell you where to go for the class but the state police can handle your fingerprints.

You can get the passport photo taken at any Walgreens.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I couldn't tell you where to go for the class but the state police can handle your fingerprints.

You can get the passport photo taken at any Walgreens.

Office Depot does it as well.

Also, I think you can take your print card into just about any police station and have someone do the prints for you.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Expounding on my previous post. That's where my wife and I got our CCL's. You sign up for a class. Once in the class they help you with everything. Even taking the picture for the permit and telling you where to go to apply for the permit. I believe they even give you the application. It's 1-2-3 easy.

pain man

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    The best class to take is the one offered by EBRSO, I think Bobby Font still teaches the class.
    They do finger print cards in the Criminal Records office at BRPD HQ. The office is closed this Monday, so just call 389-3840 on Tue. and see if you can have them done there and what it cost.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Precision had a three month wait when I was ready for my class. I found a class at The Range in Baker with no wait. Check their website for upcoming classes.

http://www.bakerrange.com/

They will notarize all your forms for you at this class and take your picture. It was also considerably cheaper than Precision.

The fingerprints get at State Police CCW department on Independence Boulevard. Digital scanner. No ink involved. Very friendly women run that department. 925-GUNS with any questions. Be SURE to bring a MONEY ORDER ONLY for $10 for the fingerprints or you'll be leaving to run down to the store to get one (did that mistake twice now).

Psychic Bacon

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 17, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I went to Baker Range as well. Though I took the test for state of Louisiana armed security certification. It was quick and easy, they even gave me my app. The only reason I took five months to get my permit was that I was lazy and took forever to fill out the app.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I did my last CE at Nick's in Garyville (bit of a drive from BR but not too bad). Good people, good class. Nice range also. I doubt he has a wait for the class.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    It's my understanding that the EBRSO class is very good. LSP972 is one of the instructors there. You can't go wrong by taking it.

I also teach Concealed Handgun classes. Since everyone who teaches these classes thinks they do a good job, I'd suggest contacting some of my students and get their take on my class (Instead of just taking my word for it).

"asianpersuasion" (a member here) is one of my students. Send him a PM and ask. I get the screen names confused, but I believe two other members here("SKYWLKR" and "UnseenUSPCompact") have also taken my class. Send them a PM and ask. Or I can give you a list of other students as references.

Most people never take any training other than their concealed handgun class.....so choosing your CCW class should be something you give some serious thought to......more thought than just "How much does it cost?" (BTW I charge $60)

Last edited:

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    It's my understanding that the EBRSO class is very good. LSP972 is one of the instructors there. You can't go wrong by taking it.

I also teach Concealed Handgun classes. Since everyone who teaches these classes thinks they do a good job, I'd suggest contacting some of my students and get their take on my class (Instead of just taking my word for it).

"asianpersuasion" (a member here) is one of my students. Send him a PM and ask. I get the screen names confused, but I believe two other members here("SKYWLKR" and "UnseenUSPCompact") have also taken my class. Send them a PM and ask. Or I can give you a list of other students as references.

Most people never take any training other than their concealed handgun class.....so choosing your CCW class should be something you give some serious thought to......more thought than just "How much does it cost?" (BTW I charge $60)

already sent him a pm. you've been slacking

Top Bottom