QuietBore Form 1 kits, 30% off sitewide

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    https://www.quietbore.com/

30% off sitewide with code SPOOKY. Form 1's are taking less than month these days.

The price includes laser engraving on the tube. I've got the 22lr and 9mm kits from these guys if anyone has any questions about them. Decent quality for the money and speed, it's a legit and legal subsidiary of Creative Arms. You order now but they don't actually ship the thing until you upload an approved Form 1 stamp.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I always look them and then think the price is so high I should just buy an already made one like Polymer 80 kits

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I always look them and then think the price is so high I should just buy an already made one like Polymer 80 kits

Why ? Its only containing a piece of metal traveling at thousands of feet per second, with an explosion following it....What could go wrong...I'm sureeeee they are designed by someone with an engineering degree, lol

southerncanuck

Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans

These are actually fairly reasonable prices for an off-the-shelf Form 1 suppressor kit.

Forgive me if I’m missing something but not sure how this is related in any way to Polymer80 pistol kits.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    These are actually fairly reasonable prices for an off-the-shelf Form 1 suppressor kit.

Forgive me if I’m missing something but not sure how this is related in any way to Polymer80 pistol kits.

Reading it again I did write that vaguely. I like a project and all, but the Form 1 suppressors like the Polymer80 always seem so cool and I want to buy them. However, by the time I bought all the parts and the tools, it's so close to the price of a built one that I back out. Is the main selling point the short wait?

southerncanuck

Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Definitely.

It’s a tradeoff of quality for time and price. I’m no expert on this stuff, but as I understand it the smaller the caliber the less difference it makes. So, for example, the $126 rimfire can is a pretty slick deal. $196 for a 9mm or .45 cal can is hard to get mad at, even if the performance isn’t as good as a retail can. Getting up into the price/size/weight of the rifle calibers, you can do better for the money.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Dont overlook build quality. There is a lot of gas and compression being contained during the uncorking stage. I have only seen one in person. A customer brought a 22lr can in, and asked me about drilling it out for him. I looked down the threaded end and immediately noticed the guide mark, for the drill bit, in the first stage wasn't even centered. Which is completely ironic because concentricity is literally the only big concern in the device, and even that is bad.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom