Raccoon!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    We had a ton of leftover bread, so my GF and I went over to City Park to feed the ducks. While getting mauled by ducks, geese, and swans, we both turned around to see this little guy standing up begging for some bread. He reminded me of my daschund when he stands up and moves his paws around begging for food.

I forgot the camera, so all I got was some crappy cell phone pics.

4836439246_887f5bd278.jpg

4835830019_e3d741dcb6.jpg

4835830099_3b84ba67db.jpg

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You haven't been truly bitten until you get bit by one of those little bastards. Beware!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Good cell fone pics

I fell sorry for the animals over run by US...

Dawg <---------Learn'n to eat coon soon ( 4 leg )

If the economy runs the course we are afraid of, this might be lunch on the hoof

Glands on rear legs.....then cook like rabbit...so I hear

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Those swans are vicious. I had one chase us down while we were in a canoe. It got a bit territorial I think.

Better raccoons than possums. At least raccoons are cute!

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Dude, you're lucky that coon didn't shank you and take all your stuff while you bled out.

They're all cute until they rip your arm off. LOL

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Watch those coons you see out in the daytime could be rabies. I've been seeing alot of little coons with their mama's the last week at night.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    My dad and uncles swore they once witnessed a large coon hold a coonhound under the water and nearly drown him. I've been bitten by one once, and that was more than enough.

And if you've ever thought about trying to swipe a little one from "mama" in a cow pasture ("guilty"), I'll offer this small piece of hard-earned advice:

Don't.

(Not one of life's most proud moments, but hey- we've all done our share of stupid things, right?:o)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My dad and uncles swore they once witnessed a large coon hold a coonhound under the water and nearly drown him. I've been bitten by one once, and that was more than enough.

And if you've ever thought about trying to swipe a little one from "mama" in a cow pasture ("guilty"), I'll offer this small piece of hard-earned advice:

Don't.

(Not one of life's most proud moments, but hey- we've all done our share of stupid things, right?:o)

Are you tying to say you haven't always been as smart as you are now? :D

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    My buddy's APBT got into it with a momma coon and an unknown number of babies and had its face laid completely open so that one side of the muzzle flopped completely over the snout. Of course, he didn't know the difference and sat there covered in (raccoon) blood with his tail wagging for at least two minutes before anyone noticed.

We tried to count tails and limbs to get an accurate idea of how many raccoons were destroyed, but... It was mostly just blood and gore.

My own pit chased two full growns off my parent's sea wall in Florida and would have gone in after them had I not been outside to give commands. Just recently, at the same house, my parent's miniature pinscher got into it with a juvenile and came out unscathed. He's an amazing little bugger, though-- kills citrus rats and other rodents all the time.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    You haven't lived until you've gone out at night to dump the trash and bumped into a can full of raccoons. I'm pretty sure I crapped when they cut loose.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Specularius rescued a baby that looked like it had either fallen out of a tree or was hit by a car, while we were dating. It wasn't ever snippy. But it did eventually wander off for longer and longer stretches.

We had three on our outside cat tree last night. Each one peering into the house at different eye levels. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom