Range Newb help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    So when i goto the range, lets say "Precision". Whats the protocol with walking in there with my gun. Needs to be unloaded in my hand? Needs to be in a case?I know NOTHING about it.Please tell me what I need to know thanks :D

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Every time I have gone I had my guns in the bag and no one checked. Have they checked anyone else? I've also never seen them ask anyone to show the guns state. At honey island they always do though.

Anyways..

I'm off all week and should be able to make it to Precision if given a little notice. I plan on going at least twice this week if anyone is interested.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If you have your choice of stalls pick the far right, most people are right handed, so when they are fiddling with there gun it won't be pointed at you. Before you enter the shooting area just watch, you will see what I'm talking about

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Rule 1: Go locked and loaded
    Rule 2: Fondle the trigger upon entering.
    Rule 3: Yell its loaded and I'm here to shoot.
    Rule 4: Shoot one warning shot to prove you are capable of handling the weapon.

Once this occurs you will either get the range to yourself or a sharp pain in your chest followed by a substantial amount of blood loss and potential loss of life.

EDIT: I think the other rules mentioned above might work better. Please disregard the info I posted above :)

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Rule 1: Go locked and loaded
    Rule 2: Fondle the trigger upon entering.
    Rule 3: Yell its loaded and I'm here to shoot.
    Rule 4: Shoot one warning shot to prove you are capable of handling the weapon.

Once this occurs you will either get the range to yourself or a sharp pain in your chest followed by a substantial amount of blood loss and potential loss of life.

EDIT: I think the other rules mentioned above might work better. Please disregard the info I posted above :)

lol i r not that dumb DEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR

blastncast2

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Maurice, LA
    If you have your choice of stalls pick the far right, most people are right handed, so when they are fiddling with there gun it won't be pointed at you. Before you enter the shooting area just watch, you will see what I'm talking about

Very good advice. I'll have to remember that one.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Cajungunslinger, if you have your conceal carry liscense bring it. They will let you go to the mainstage and get a free lap dance....

At least that's what I learned with my "benefits post" last night! LOL!

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, just to let you know so you don't go wrong, Precision has their rules clearly written on a large 2'x4' sign in front of their door. No way you can miss it. They are also picky about the buffer doors. YOU MUST SHUT ONE BEFORE YOU OPEN THE NEXT! Or you will possibly have a very pissed off lobby waiting on you when you come out.

Top Bottom