Range trip in Jackson, MS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    My dad recently bought a Taurus 9mm pistol and wanted to test it out. We took a trip to the only range open to the public in the Jackson area- Surplus City in Brandon.
    Nice setup. 25 yard indoor range. The lanes are grouped in three's with a work bench behind. Each grouping is a seperate room with walls seperating these lanes from the next. The AC worked. Rifles are allowed but I left mine home this weekend, so I didn't get to test it. Video cameras and a call button to summon the employees are a good idea. Typical wire target carriers that actually all seemed to be working.
    Dispite my suggestions that he buy something else a few months ago he's happy w/ the Taurus. No complaints about the gun and problems either. Not bad for a brand new gun out the box shooting Winchester white box.

Only one complaint: its a bit pricey. $15 per hour per person (not per lane).

Overall a good trip. We need to find a nice spot in the woods to go shoot though.

It was a fun trip to Jackson though. They live near the Natchez Trace and they spent the rest of the weekend trying to lure the neighborhood deer into their yard for my daughter to see. No luck at home but she did get to see 3 (one doe, then another doe and fawn) up close on the trace during daylight. Another few my daughter missed seeing after dark. The deer are very tame and we were able to stop on the road and watch for a minute before having to move due to traffic. My muttering from the passenger seat about venison sausage and roasts and wishing I had my bow was rather frowned on...

Top Bottom