Range USA Grand Opening.. Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Girouard

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    Iberville and Norco too far for me

Iberville Parish is not too far to drive for a quality range!!

D4057D6B-C776-49FC-8D01-0B32E72A9391.jpeg

I’ll say this, I live in Prairieville and work in Plaquemine. In fact, I can see the shooting range from the plant. I’m a bit numb to the trip after 11 years.

Bob196454

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    I live in BR and may give Iberville a try. You are correct, it is not too far to drive for a quality range.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    You can't use silhouettes as targets either
    That may not be 100% correct. Louisiana law states that the CCW course of fire is to be done on a B-27 silhouette target, so they have to allow at least that. The intent, I believe, is to not allow you to show up with a photo of your ex and start blasting away.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    22/hr?! No thanks... I'm happy at Nicks in Garyville or MCTA...

Yikes. Come out to Cut Off Range Complex. $20/day, 800 yards rifle, 50 yard pistol, shoot as fast as you want as long as all the rounds impact the berm. Clean, friendly, cheap, beautiful, all the qualities you want in a range.

In defense of the indoor place though, indoor ranges are insanely expensive. Roughly $100k/lane in just ventilation and backstop—-not including the building, target system, etc. OSHA and DEQ compliance on filter changes and disposal, employee safety. It’s crazy. That’s why they charge so much.

I would never own an indoor range. I don’t enjoy shooting at them and the concussion and noise is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bennie

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 23, 2021
    Zachary, LA
    $22/hour????
    $14.95/all day for active, vets. & first responders at Baker Range. 25 yards with remote target retrieve, but indoors and air conditioned. A great group of young men that are very courteous and helpful.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I personally don’t find $22.00 per hr bad for an indoor range, factor in I can pick my distance and don’t have to wait for the line to go cold to retrieve my target is such an advantage for me. “Most” outdoor ranges suck for shooting handguns. The best outdoor range for handguns I’ve ever been to is SSC in Thibodaux unfortunately the management sucks! The Lafourche SO range is $10.00 a day and had a pretty good handgun setup because it was divided into 2 sections (however the divider got destroyed for the storm so it’s once again one huge pistol bay but normally not too busy).

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I'm going today after work in a few. They have a "special" offer for new member, free box of 9mm so I'll try it for a few months and get me some free 9mm. I have a TX22 to break in. The "basic " membership is $29.99 plus the free box of ammo, so if I go twice in a month it's more than paid for itself.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    You can't use silhouettes as targets either
    I was just in there today buying a basic membership for $29.99 and new members get a free box of 9mm so it's a good deal imho. The range was super nice and there was an employee constantly sweeping brass out of the way for you. Also no where did I see anything about rapid fire on the range. I was wring out my TX22 and was firing1 shot per second numerous times and nobody said anything. Also they DO allow silhouettes too, they sell them. I found this to be a worthwhile purchase and plan on spending some more time there in the near future.

noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    $25/month membership. Nobody has said anything to me about range rules. I have gone through clips as fast as I could pull the trigger with nothing said. It's clean and well run with the largest inventory of new guns that I've seen anywhere near here, all priced reasonably.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom