Rant about trade offer!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I recently posted a WTT ad for a particular gun I wanted. I have 5 or 6 rifles to offer, some with possible accessories. Someone contacted me a couple of days ago and I made an offer and he basically just stopped responding to text. There was no negotiation no telling me what he wanted. If I had nothing he wanted he could have told me, but no he had to act like a child. I had to air it out cause it makes me mad. Rant off!

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    You ought to try facebook marketplace. I've never seen anything like it. Its the movie Idiocracy in real life. I guess it's spilling over to bayoushooter
    I do watch that place. I have made 1 or 2 deals there only because I couldn't find the parts anywhere else. It's a mess.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    I actually buy and sell a lot on fb marketplace. I agree the contact rate is way higher vs people that actually follow through. But the audiance is so large i normally sell items withing minutes to a day when properly titled.

Beckys_man

Trying2Behave
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    NOLA
    Call me crazy but isn't that always the case when folks start using any marketplace site more frequently? Two years ago I grew sick and tired of Craigslist (and started relying on FB Marketplace) especially after they started charging for the listings on anything substantial like a vehicle or boat. Lately the number of scammers and "tire kickers" on FB Marketplace are becoming more annoying BUT-- it's still the best place out there for turning one man's trash (mine) into cash (another man's treasure.) Likewise, more flakes are here on the BayouShooter site, but lately I'm more discerning. Plus, I understand that some folks just like to kick tires and never follow up. Selling is not for the faint of heart, even as a hobby.

Aurellevi

Intermediate
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Oct 1, 2013
    Denham Springs
    I had this happen yesterday. Guy contacts me says he's off work and wants the item. Went out of my way to have it brought to me so that I can accommodate his time frame. Then nothing... you say this warrants a negative review?

Last edited:

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    It's happened to me several times here . I've been right in the middle of a transaction and the supposed buyer just went silent and stopped responding . I left him a negative Feedback . Admin said it was ok .
    Same here from a bs member but he was the seller. We were back and forthing about price, then crickets. If you think my offer is too low, that's fine, just say that instead of ghosting me.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I had this happen to yesterday. Guy contacts me says he's off work and wants the item. Went out of my way to have it brought to me so that I can accommodate his time frame. Then nothing... you say this warrants a negative review?
    Why not ? IF you have tried at least a couple of times to make contact and get an explanation , then it's only fair that other people know .

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m not sure we should start giving negative reviews for not answering offers. This place is notorious for low balling and offering to trade a Lorcin and 2 Pmags for a Wilson Combat 1911. If you low ball me or make
    A stupid offer I’m probably not wasting my time by replying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aurellevi

Intermediate
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Oct 1, 2013
    Denham Springs
    I'll agree it's somewhat frustrating, and will also say that it reminds me of my teen years attitude when i didnt get my way... "I'll show you, I just won't talk to you anymore!".
    However, in this instance there wasn't yet any agreement to purchase. More or less a "hey I want that at your price bla bla bla". I see both sides. I think we all have things that come up that keeps us from further contact or commitment, the difference being some guys flake/flame and some man up. Or at least that's my perspective. Likely a younger, less consistent new member figuring out the type of member he wants to be. I can't really say for sure though... well, because I havnt heard **** from this cat!

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I’m not sure we should start giving negative reviews for not answering offers. This place is notorious for low balling and offering to trade a Lorcin and 2 Pmags for a Wilson Combat 1911. If you low ball me or make

I agree . It's not an action to take lightly , but there are situations that warrant it . When somebody tells you they want it and a price is agreed on then it's supposed to be a solid deal . When they go silent while you're trying to arrange a meet up , they deserve to get dinged .
    Edit ... I know that **** happens and somebody might have a legitimate reason for backing out of a deal . But nothing warrants ignoring messages .

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I'd agree with this.

It's not over till an item is exchanged. At any time, either party can stop entertaining the other.

It's like if I walk into Jim's Firearms, go eye a few guns, talk to the guys, and then walk out. It's not a big deal.

Some people also gauge interest by starting a conversation and then just walking away without entertaining offers. It is what it is.

I'd rather that someone ignore me than try to argue or negotiate something further.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The few neg reviews I've given for agreements made, but then radio silence, I also sent the guy a pm saying, if you get with me to explain the circumstances, I might change my feedback. They didn't, and the feedback remains.

I think the point of making an agreement on price and meet-up is the line. Before that, no feedback, after that + or - feedback, depending on what happens.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The few neg reviews I've given for agreements made, but then radio silence, I also sent the guy a pm saying, if you get with me to explain the circumstances, I might change my feedback. They didn't, and the feedback remains.

I think the point of making an agreement on price and meet-up is the line. Before that, no feedback, after that + or - feedback, depending on what happens.
    I would agree - if someone agrees to a sale and then ghosts, that's no bueno. Rather, if someone just ghosts mid-conversation, I'd say it just happens.

Top Bottom