Rat Grips : Put hand molded custom grips on anything: Must see to believe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShamanShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    So I was brainstorming on what direction to take a rifle build project and I really liked the stock that I had picked out and fitted, but thought that it needed something more. I went looking for a way to add to the grip of the rifle stock and this is what I found:

http://ratgrips.com/

I was so intrigued that I started digging in and reading up on this too good to be true product. I could not take my mind off their claims nor the potential that this product has. In a nutshell it is a this polymer - like material that at first looks like some sort of rubber. You can purchased it partially, completely shaped or as some square 1/8in square sheets. During my digging I found a coupon/discount for $20 off so I just could not pass this thing up. The $20 covered all shipping and about cut the product cost in half. I had no choice. I really had to know if this material is as they say it really is. So I bought the "Rat Pads".

All you need then is a bowl of water( to dip your hand in so that the material will not stick to you and due to heat) and a heat gun.

I sized up one of the pads, cut with regular scissors and fired up the heat gun. Now, remember when you watched the video and he worked slowly and did not rush... well that is 100% how it works. You heat, mold some, heat, shape, heat mold, heat, then mold it to your hand. There is an optional texture screen with the package and it does just as advertised. I was able to thicken up, custom fit the grip to my hand, an make the addition look nice. This stuff does not leave marks or oily residue and will adhere to anything. If you don't like it or want to change the design that you first liked, just fire up that heat gun and remove the material. It is paint-able as well and really takes on the color you add to it.

They made a believer out of me. One of those rare instances where the product is what they say it is and I can back that up. This stuff is not just for firearms...One could have a custom fitted hammer, axe, hatchet, stapler... the mind is the only limit here.

SPRR-Pistol-Application-800.jpg

custom_ratgrips-225x300.jpg

The best part is that it is a custom mold of you..and aids in increasing accuracy as well as returning back to target quickly and making the device more of an extension of you and not something that you have to maybe fight with .

Short version: I freaking love it.

Top Bottom