Rayville LEO Killed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    There was a brief blurb in the Advocate this morning on the same page the obituaries start about a Rayville policeman being shot and killed searching for a burglary suspect in a house. The only details were that he was shot four times while approaching a closet.

The Rayville officer responded to the call which was outside of the city limits as he knew the closest deputy was over ten minutes away.

Would searching the house alone be a good idea? The report said the occupant heard glass breaking, so there was a good chance the BG was still in the house.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Well....I don't know how much I should write....

The officer that got killed...his pardner is one of my close friends.
    I was unfortunate enough to hear of this murder within an hour of it's happening.
    What my buddy said was this:
    They got a call...lady said someone threw a rock through a window.
    The Sheriffs were either too far away or otherwise occupied.
    The call went to two Rayville PD units because they were closer/not busy
    Officer Alexander was first to arrive....my friend, the other officer, got stuck behind a train at a crossing...
    Officer Alexander informed, via radio that he was going to enter the house....he was asked to wait for the other officer, but he declined and went inside alone.

I can't say with any certainty what happened after that except what you already know. Officer Alexander was shot in the chest (no vest) and the suspects had fled the scene by the time his pardner arrived...

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    If the Monroe paper didn't get it right

I don't think there's a single News Star employee who could find their own ass with both hands and a flashlight. They seem utterly incapable of using proper spelling or grammar, and can't even correctly list what someone who gets arrested is charged with.

They really need to hire a blind epileptic monkey wearing boxing gloves, that would be a vast improvement over their current proofreader.

Last edited:

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Would searching the house alone be a good idea? .

No, it would not. That pretty much basic acadamey stuff there, dont search buildings alone. Two is good, three is better.

That said, I wasnt there and am not going to second guess that officers decision, there is no point in it. Prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    There was a brief blurb in the Advocate this morning on the same page the obituaries start about a Rayville policeman being shot and killed searching for a burglary suspect in a house. The only details were that he was shot four times while approaching a closet.

The Rayville officer responded to the call which was outside of the city limits as he knew the closest deputy was over ten minutes away.

Would searching the house alone be a good idea? The report said the occupant heard glass breaking, so there was a good chance the BG was still in the house.

Prayers sent for the families of the officers.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Tragic avoidable death of a Peace Officer. Wear your vest. Don't rush into things alone. This is a good teaching point. Whats the worse that could have happened if he had waited? The bad guy would have gotten away? Further damage to property? neither is all that bad when weighed against the Patrolman's Life. Clearing houses and buildings is a Light Infantry Task not a Law Enforcement Task. When you do it you need to have that mindset. It is never ok to do the administrative clear because I'm sure no one is in there. To do it safely you needed to be actively looking for the person inside that you know is there and your sure wants to hurt you. It's ok to be disappointed when it turns out you were wrong.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom