Recommendations for Selling entire collection

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wilburforce

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    I have about twenty five or so handguns, long guns and shotguns. Would like to sell the entire collection at one time. Or if no recommendations on that approach is there anyone in Baton Rouge area who will send individually on Gunbroker for a fee?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Probably will do. Concerned though about buyers coming to home?

Then meet away from your home. There will be very few people other than dealers that will purchase 25 guns at once.
    Post them here with prices and see what happens.

Wilburforce

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks. Do you know anyone that sells for a fee on Gunbroker also. Would be a lot easier though close to home and on Bayoushooter.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Thanks. Do you know anyone that sells for a fee on Gunbroker also. Would be a lot easier though close to home and on Bayoushooter.

I only use Bayou Shooter and deal with locals. You may find someone such as a dealer or collector here but do not expect retail prices.

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    You may find that once you go through the trouble and expense of GB that local consignments through a dealer may be the way to go. BTW, an unlicensed person selling on your behalf may very well result in legal problems.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Also remember if you use gun broker there are a lot of fees and do you pay taxes and you have to claim it at the end of the year as income, not to mention do you have to go through the process of shipping either individual or do an FFL it’s a big headache, some local places might sell them on consignment, Samuel even list them on eBaSamuel even list them on gun broker for you turnkey sales for a fee… but in my experience by you shooter members with good feedback I always pleasant to deal with

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    As others have said, if you go this route expect about 40% of the value, versus selling on here where you can sell for 75/80% very quickly, some even more.

Much better to split up and sell on here.

Gunbroker fees and card fees alone are 10%.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    As others have said, if you go this route expect about 40% of the value, versus selling on here where you can sell for 75/80% very quickly, some even more.

Much better to split up and sell on here.

Gunbroker fees and card fees alone are 10%.
    well with some bayoushooter values you could sell for 150% value :mamoru:

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    It depends on what guns you have and what your needs are.

If your collection has rare high value guns and you are not in a hurry, then gunbroker may be worth it. Many on here will gnash their teeth at the "high prices" they find on gun broker when they are looking to buy.

If you have commonly available guns and are wanting to sell fast and get "ok" prices, then selling here and other "local" venues is not a bad route at all.

Now from a purely selfish and personal point of view- PM me that list! :thumbsup:

Wilburforce

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks to all from a new user. Nothing rare but all real good guns that are hardly used. I am going to start with my S and W 629 with 83/8 inch barrel. Will list shortly. Plenty of ARS including Colt 6920s cosecutively numbered. Hope they go to a good home.

Top Bottom