Record Number of FBI Gun Seizures.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Law enforcement has been getting list of denials and the FFL info for years. I know because I’ve gotten them first hand. This is nothing new. There are really far fewer than I expected.
    Well, it could be, they are now starting to do something about it. Everyone here knows the FBI and ATF&E, have not been very honorable in some of the things they have been caught doing. There have been countless reports of the FBI having prior knowledge of some of these "mass shooters" being on their radar and nothing being done about it. Then the gun running scheme in Mexico:dunno: Less than honorable is being polite.

Fredgr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    Free state of Livingston
    I'm confused. I thought the whole point of the instant background checks was to keep prohibited buyers from walking out of the store with a gun????
    On a separate issue I guess they still haven't gotten around to getting Hunter Biden's gun.
    As Joe Biden would say" just three words-rotten to the core".

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I'm confused. I thought the whole point of the instant background checks was to keep prohibited buyers from walking out of the store with a gun????
    On a separate issue I guess they still haven't gotten around to getting Hunter Biden's gun.
    As Joe Biden would say" just three words-rotten to the core".
    Don't be confused.

It is a federal crime to lie on a Fm 4473 in order to purchase a firearm.

If a person is denied, there is a likelihood that he/she lied on the form. (But not a certainty)

A great example is Hunter Biden. He lied on the Fm4473 when he said he was not addicted to drugs, a week after he left rehab for his cocaine addiction.
    This is why the FBI arrested him, and he is serving ten years for perjury.
    What? Wait, . . . , Never mind.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    If the NICS system has a high false denial rate, it seems to me this would cause a lot of extra work the ATF, FBI, and LEO for nothing. Seems to me they should work on getting the NICS fixed before they start 'calling out the cavelery'

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    If the NICS system has a high false denial rate, it seems to me this would cause a lot of extra work the ATF, FBI, and LEO for nothing. Seems to me they should work on getting the NICS fixed before they start 'calling out the cavelery'
    Statistically: What are we calling a 'high false denial rate' ?

I've never seen a UPIN. Odd, now that I think about it.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    By state law local FFL's have to report the denials to the local sheriff's office.

https://legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=814039

From the above link:

E.(1) If a person is reported ineligible to purchase firearms by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), the licensed dealer shall report the NICS denial to the sheriff of the parish in which the attempted purchase occurred and to the Louisiana Automated Victim Notification System.

(2) If at any time a law enforcement agency discovers that a licensed dealer knew or should have known that a purchaser or attempted purchaser of a firearm was prohibited from possessing a firearm and the licensed dealer failed to report as required by this Section, the sheriff or law enforcement agency shall notify all state and federal licensing agencies of the licensed dealer's failure to report.

Top Bottom