Red and Green flickering light in sky over NOLA this AM

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I was driving in from North St Tammany to Mandeville this morning for work and another guy on my watch called me and asked me if I was seeing this light in the sky. He was at LA22 and US 190 and saw it, along with a few others at the gas station. It was flickering red and green and was about 2 inches over the tree line on the horizon about 3 feet left of the Causeway bridge from where we were. One of the guys was a retired Air Force officer who delt in Air Traffic Control. He said iti didn't look like anything he had ever seen.
    We broke out the Leupold Spotting Scope and glassed it on 60X. It was very sharp and apeared to have green lights on the top and red lights on the botom. It held position for over an hour and did not move. I guess it could have been a SAR helo but red and green flickering lights?

About 15 minutes ago (0640) when the sun rtarted to break the horizon the light disapeared. We were driving so wh weren't watching it constantly, so I don't know if it "flew off" or what.

Anyone else see it?

Do I need to dawn my tin-foil hat? WTF?

Just curious? What else do we have to takl about until the Saints game? :dunno:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    tinfoilhatsmile.gif

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    were the lights actually flickering (erratically) or flashing (consistently)?

if it was an aircraft and from your perspective the green lights were on top and red lights on bottom, it would have been on its side.

about how far away were you from it?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Many years ago when I lived in Texas I used to live on the south side of Austin and I worked on the north side - a 35 mile drive each way. I also had to drive right through town to get to or from work. To avoid traffic I went to work at 6AM each day. One winter day driving in the pre-dawn darkness I saw an orange light flicker in the sky and disappear. About five minutes later it came on again in the same part of the sky and then disappeared again. I began to get nervous. This went on for about 20 minutes with me getting more nervous, before the rising sun showed me a hot-air balloon floating in the hills. The orange light? You guessed it. It was the fire heating the air inside the balloon.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I had a experience when I was little. I was staying with my grandparents in mississippi, I got really sick while there. One night I took a walk outside and down the road while sleeping, I remember seeing a really bright light, the next morning I woke up thinking it was a dream, untill I pulled the covers off and my feet were covered in mud, the weird thing, besides the light was I wasnt sick anymore. Completely well. This was way out in the sticks on a dirt road that didnt have hardly any traffic. To this day I watch the sky... Hell I may have a implant somewhere. LOl

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Its the man.....he is coming to take us all. Today I had three Apache Helicopters do 3 figure eights over my house and then leave.

:rofl:

I have no idea what you seen but I did have the 3 Apaches do that over my house today.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Was it a star? Look at a star with a pair of binos. It looks like a red and green light twinkling.

That was no star. :D

I wasn't going to post until I read this. In the southern sky in winter I could see low on the horizon objects flashing red, blue and green. On NUMEROUS occasions I'd have someone look at it and not describe what I see and they'd look back at me incredulously. Stars don't flash multiple colors; they will seemingly flash yellow and white not red, blue, yellow and/or green.

All I know is that I want a few things if they are listening: technology/education/knowledge on numerous fronts; as much as I can intellectually handle.

And for pure hedonism:

• Several sets of 1911s, HK45s, Benelli shotguns, AR-15s, Accuracy International AWPs, survival knives, axes, tools and optics that won't rust, scratch or corrode. AND NO BATTERIES. :mamoru:
    • A Porsche 997 GT3 that weighs only 2,500 lbs, gets 35 mpg that is essentially indestructable and maintenance-free.
    And ya'll think I'm kiddin', too.

Thekidofzero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    I too see a flickering light. but i live in Nyc but its changing all different kind of colors. i just thought i leave it here. im not trolling but i too is alittle freaked out

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Red and Green lights are Internationally accepted running lights for boats and airships, any other colors have been little green men, but those two indicate a earth born something.

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Red and Green lights are Internationally accepted running lights for boats and airships, any other colors have been little green men, but those two indicate a earth born something.

Most likely some swamp gas reflected the running lights of a shrimp boat onto the side of a weather balloon filled with moonenites.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom