Red Dot on Slide

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Any of you have a Red Dot mounted on your slide? Looking into mounting a Trijicon RMR on my glock and was curious if anyone here has or had a setup like that and your thoughts?
    ocf1xe0tm6h0250nq5u.jpg

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I did but I had the Cmore STS,

There are 3 ways of doing it, you can take it to a smith and have them shave your slide and mount the DOT on it which would give it a cleaner look and lower the DOT just a hair as well, is a little $$$, and you can still see your regular front sight.

Second way is to use a mounting plate that attaches to your dovetailed back sight, its not as solid and will raise your dot a lil bit but its a cheaper and easier way, you will have to replace the front sight to a taller one if you want to keep it operational.

Third one would be to get the lone wolf machined slide or what Suarez considers the "Cadillac" package, this one allows you to keep the back sight as a backup and the slide is machined to accept the DOT in the area between the sight and the ejection port, its really $$$$$$$$$$$$

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Steve (LSP972) is the guy to talk to. Also check out Bowie Tactical, he does great work mounting red dots. IIRC, he's a big fan of the Trijicon RMR.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Mine was a first generation and it really sucked, they have "fixed" the issues last thing I heard but mine was super blury after the first time we shot it at Precision.

I loved the look of it but it only had 3 settings, OFF, LOW, HIGH, wish they would have put a setting similar to what you would see on the bigger size cmores where you can control the light on it.

This is the only 2 pics I could find of it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    I have a Delta Point slide mounted on an M&P 9L Open Gun. You can see pictures at APEX Tactical's site. This is MY actual gun, built by them.

The Delta Point comes in 2 varieties, a 3MOU Red Dot and a 7.5 MOU Triangle, which is what I have. There is an optional mount kit and a Glock dovetail mount is part of it. Actually, since I have 3 of these, I have extra Glock mounts which I don't need.

The gun is set up for 9 MAjor and runs flat. The dot doesn't move. It turns on and off automatically and adjusts for brightness.

I like it so much that I'm putting one on my CCW M&P 9c.

If you want to shoot it, I'll be at Precision next Monday night - Jan 31 .

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    What happens in a dark room? Does the sight go to sleep? For those of us that don't shoot USPA/IPSC et al. What is 9major. How would that compare to common 9mm Duty Loads like the 147gr and 127+P Stuff?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    What happens in a dark room? Does the sight go to sleep? For those of us that don't shoot USPA/IPSC et al. What is 9major. How would that compare to common 9mm Duty Loads like the 147gr and 127+P Stuff?

If he is shooting 124s, they would have to go at least 1331 fps to make "major". (165000/Bullet Weight)

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    I have a Delta Point slide mounted on an M&P 9L Open Gun. You can see pictures at APEX Tactical's site. This is MY actual gun, built by them.

WOW! Nice setup 70116 and I appreciate your offer to shoot it. Thinking I should try the dovetail mount first and if I don't like it have the slide milled. I will look into the Delta Point sites too. I plan on mounting the red dot to my Glock 20sf for next hunting season. I appreciate everyones feedback.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre

9 Major is a Power Factor for USPSA [(Bullet weight x speed)/1000] of 165. THere is no commercial ammunition that is hot enough since it exceeds SAAMI specifications. It is probably the equivalent of +P+. I shoot 124gr JHP at an average of just under 1400 fps at a PF of 172.

The sight is activated by movement, not light. Have it in your holster and not moving around a lot and it turns off. Draw the gun and the sight is active before you can get it to where you can see through it, and adjusted to the ambient light.

I just looked at your gun and I have to ask, how much of the "flat" is from the Comp?

The Jager Comp is the major factor in the gun running flat. There are other pieces to the puzzzle as well. Tungsten Guide Rod, modified Recoil Spring, Popple holes in the barrel, etc.

Putting an Optic that is designed to be slide mounted on and on any gun shouldn't change the performance or characteristics of how the gun shoots, just how you aim it.

The weight of the DP, including the battery, is 0.6 oz or 17g.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    The sight is activated by movement, not light. Have it in your holster and not moving around a lot and it turns off. Draw the gun and the sight is active before you can get it to where you can see through it, and adjusted to the ambient light.
    Putting an Optic that is designed to be slide mounted on and on any gun shouldn't change the performance or characteristics of how the gun shoots, just how you aim it.
    The weight of the DP, including the battery, is 0.6 oz or 17g.

Liking the DeltaPoint more and more.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    LSP972 I appreciate your response. I know this will sound crazy, but I have played paintball for 12+ years with a red dot mounted on my marker. It is only visible with both eyes open due to the vertical feed neck on the loader. My right eye sees the dot and my left the target tricking the brain to see both together. Probably will have the slide machined now for a better sight picture and appearance. Seriously thank you all.

Top Bottom