Red dot or no red dot for EDC

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’ve seen a few but I think it’s a more complicated and more rigorous qualification than standard pistol so a lot of them may feel it’s not worth it…. Being that I would say a good 85% of law-enforcement do not share the same amount of gun enthusiasm and practice that the 1% of us represent … I know a few LE they don’t even take their gun out to practice until his qualification time…

Plus it’s probably harder to pick up on a red dot while inside a cop car with blacked out tinted windows :deadhorse:

Why you talking about me bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boudy30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2022
    Hammond, LA
    I have never used an optic on a pistol but recently put a Holosun on my P365X. Love it so far but does take some practice to quickly acquire the dot.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Interesting. I wonder how many departments are adopting them for duty weapons. I’ll keep looking.

I’ll help. Houston PD is one major department that issues them now. A ton of departments allow them but do not provide them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I have a Holosun 507K X2 on my G40. I like the Holosun sights for a number of reasons and their 'shake awake' feature is really cool. Prices at about $300 (bought mine from a local dealer) you can find it a bit cheaper. Read the specs and features.I plan on putting a Holosun for my rifle.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Guys! Thanks for the thoughts and inputs. Will probably put one on my G23 and call it a day (as far as handguns go). Then just practice with them all.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom