Red dot sight with magnifier question.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I'm new to the red dot sights so forgive me if this is a stupid question. But I see the magnifier mounted in front of the sight which magnified the dot size the same as the target picture, why not mount the magnifier behind the sight which keeps the dot size small (2 MOA) while magnifying the target picture? If the magnifier has plenty of eye relief I don't see a big problem with this other than placing you eye closer to the red dot sight which might be closer than desired so I don't get a black eye from it. Any other options or thoughts on this?

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Look into LPVO’s.
    Problem with that is my older eyes need more magnification which is why I'm looking at the magnifier for my red dot setup. I have a scoped AR for longer range work and am very familiar with them. I'm just trying out the red dot on my other rifle. I'll probably just get the magnifier and set it up like normal. I was just thinking out loud! Thanks for the reply.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Don’t think I have ever seen a magnifier mounted in front of the reddot, closer to muzzle…. But I’m with him… get a quality lpvo… with good glass you can adjust retical for clear pic no matter your eye issue and have almost a true 1 power… then crank it down for a little further… I love the Trijicon tr24…. Very clear and crisp, bright fiber optic during day and tritium at night

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom