Red Flag Laws. Coming Soon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Looks like we may see National Red Flag laws. Kind of makes sense why the left pushes so hard for a list of all gun owners.

https://youtu.be/cP2oeQHlSKs

you can find more videos on that channel about the topic. The video posted starts playing around the 15 minute mark.

Are you saying the feds are keeping a list of gun owners? Let’s run that by Bayou Shooter before we go that route and see if that’s even possible… oh wait…

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Looks like we may see National Red Flag laws. Kind of makes sense why the left pushes so hard for a list of all gun owners.

https://youtu.be/cP2oeQHlSKs

you can find more videos on that channel about the topic. The video posted starts playing around the 15 minute mark.

Are you saying the feds are keeping a list of gun owners? Let’s run that by Bayou Shooter before we go that route and see if that’s even possible… oh wait…

It appears he's saying the left pushes for a list of all gun owners. The only thing that can be deduced from his statement is the left does not have a list of all gun owners. If they did, the left would have pushed for the list rather than pushes for the list. His statement does not indicate the existence or lack of existence of a partial list.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It appears he's saying the left pushes for a list of all gun owners. The only thing that can be deduced from his statement is the left does not have a list of all gun owners. If they did, the left would have pushed for the list rather than pushes for the list. His statement does not indicate the existence or lack of existence of a partial list.
    Oh. Is that what he meant? I thought maybe it was that the feds are attempting to somehow make it LEGAL to collect the data…
    but why don’t we just let him answer the question I posed to him. I’m sure he can speak for himself.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Well you know as well as I do that we already have information that they absolutely do have an illegal list. To what extent however we don’t know but that’s kind of irrelevant. The fact of the matter is one exists and we know that for a fact which is Illegal.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well you know as well as I do that we already have information that they absolutely do have an illegal list. To what extent however we don’t know but that’s kind of irrelevant. The fact of the matter is one exists and we know that for a fact which is Illegal.
    I believe it. But I think there are many gun owners who don’t want to believe it, others who may never believe it and those who just don’t care. So it looks like they’ve already got us divided. Sad times.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Oh. Is that what he meant? I thought maybe it was that the feds are attempting to somehow make it LEGAL to collect the data…
    but why don’t we just let him answer the question I posed to him. I’m sure he can speak for himself.

He did answer the question in the first post. All you had to do is read that he didn't say what you asked if he was saying.

And the feds already "legally" have a partial list. They have a list of owners who bought multiple weapons in a short time period.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Don't forget they have a list of concealed carry permit holders from any state that agreed to share it . That was a joint effort involving the ATF and Social Security back in 2016

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don't forget they have a list of concealed carry permit holders from any state that agreed to share it . That was a joint effort involving the ATF and Social Security back in 2016

And a list of all NFA owners. There are so many lists that even without collecting information from form 4473 they would have a pretty good starting point should they decide to go full tyranny.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You asked in a public forum. The site has a built-in personal messaging system if your intention was to have a private conversation.
    I’m just saying, rather than someone’s speculation, I’d rather get it from the source. Of course I have no expectation of privacy on a public forum.:rolleyes:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Correct. And there’s nothing wrong with informing gun owners about it or with being concerned about any of it. I don’t understand when gun owners blow things like this off or attempt to disregard it in conversation. My aim is not to make trouble or raise any false alarm or feed into that ridiculous term ‘conspiracy theory’ but I really do have to wonder about the number of gun owners that SEEM to keep attempting to convince folks that either there’s nothing going on and the ATF is not out to get us (or our guns) OR there’s nothing to be concerned about chicken little, go back to sleep OR there’s nothing you can do about it anyway so why concern yourself or anyone else. I wish I could understand just to see things from that perspective, just to be fair, but I can’t. What I can be is forthright. If I had to choose the lesser of the evils here, I’d choose mild paranoia over a hint of disbelief any day of the week. Those are the two sides of the coin that I’m talking about. Can anyone here help me understand? I’ve explained my point of view and my reasons as clearly as I know how. Are there any non believers or naysayers that will meet me halfway?

I’ve read here on this site in more than one thread, member(S!) stating how they know ATF agents and they’re great guys (paraphrasing) and they’re not out to get us, they’re just like us, etc.
    With all the ATF has done to infringe upon the 2nd amendment, I’m completely bewildered as to how or why any gun owner in their right mind would sympathize with anyone affiliated with that agency. WTF am I missing here?

Last edited:

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Correct. And there’s nothing wrong with informing gun owners about it or with being concerned about any of it. I don’t understand when gun owners blow things like this off or attempt to disregard it in conversation. My aim is not to make trouble or raise any false alarm or feed into that ridiculous term ‘conspiracy theory’ but I really do have to wonder about the number of gun owners that SEEM to keep attempting to convince folks that either there’s nothing going on and the ATF is not out to get us (or our guns) OR there’s nothing to be concerned about chicken little, go back to sleep OR there’s nothing you can do about it anyway so why concern yourself or anyone else. I wish I could understand just to see things from that perspective, just to be fair, but I can’t. What I can be is forthright. If I had to choose the lesser of the evils here, I’d choose mild paranoia over a hint of disbelief any day of the week. Those are the two sides of the coin that I’m talking about. Can anyone here help me understand? I’ve explained my point of view and my reasons as clearly as I know how. Are there any non believers or naysayers that will meet me halfway?

I’ve read here on this site in more than one thread, member(S!) stating how they know ATF agents and they’re great guys (paraphrasing) and they’re not out to get us, they’re just like us, etc.
    With all the ATF has done to infringe upon the 2nd amendment, I’m completely bewildered as to how or why any gun owner in their right mind would sympathize with anyone affiliated with that agency. WTF am I missing here?
    Saying " I know ATF agents and they are great guys " is like saying " I know Democrats and they are great people " .All Democrats don't want to take our guns they just want to vote for the people who want to take our guns .Not all ATF agents want to take our guns but they will if the people Democrats keep voting for tell them too . All stupid gun laws are the blame of stupid people who voted democrat .

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’m just saying, rather than someone’s speculation, I’d rather get it from the source. Of course I have no expectation of privacy on a public forum.:rolleyes:

If you want it from the source, read post #1. It's right there.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Based on a number of your replies, you seem less than willing to fully accept that others don't agree with you. Several members, myself included, have given examples of lists of gun owners the feds have legal access to. But because there exist the possibility that the feds may be illegally using form 4473 to create a more complete list, they must be compiling that illegal list. That's what a number of gun owners are blowing off. There's no proof they are using form 4473. There's no proof they aren't. What we have is a number of other means to create legal lists. What do you consider meeting you halfway? Bo I think the ATF has lists of subsets of all gun owners? Yes. Do I believe they have a list of gun owners compiled from form 4473? No. Do I believe they want to? Yes. Do I believe the ATF makes decision protecting the 2nd Amendment rights of law abiding citizens? No.

Is that halfway?

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    Just use the red flag laws against democrats. Just keep asking them to go shooting, taking a bunch of pics when they finally do, and get one of them posing with 2 guns. Then get your buddy to report them to the FBI for saying how their attitude has changed, and that they started learning about shooting guns, and you hope they don't get a gun.

After several of them get arrested, they will make sure it doesn't happen again and ban the law

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Based on a number of your replies, you seem less than willing to fully accept that others don't agree with you. Several members, myself included, have given examples of lists of gun owners the feds have legal access to. But because there exist the possibility that the feds may be illegally using form 4473 to create a more complete list, they must be compiling that illegal list. That's what a number of gun owners are blowing off. There's no proof they are using form 4473. There's no proof they aren't. What we have is a number of other means to create legal lists. What do you consider meeting you halfway? Do I think the ATF has lists of subsets of all gun owners? Yes. Do I believe they have a list of gun owners compiled from form 4473? No. Do I believe they want to? Yes. Do I believe the ATF makes decision protecting the 2nd Amendment rights of law abiding citizens? No.

Is that halfway?

Nothing?

Noted.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Based on a number of your replies, you seem less than willing to fully accept that others don't agree with you. Several members, myself included, have given examples of lists of gun owners the feds have legal access to. But because there exist the possibility that the feds may be illegally using form 4473 to create a more complete list, they must be compiling that illegal list. That's what a number of gun owners are blowing off. There's no proof they are using form 4473. There's no proof they aren't. What we have is a number of other means to create legal lists. What do you consider meeting you halfway? Bo I think the ATF has lists of subsets of all gun owners? Yes. Do I believe they have a list of gun owners compiled from form 4473? No. Do I believe they want to? Yes. Do I believe the ATF makes decision protecting the 2nd Amendment rights of law abiding citizens? No.

Is that halfway?
    So, are you saying you consider yourself a non believing naysayer?

Top Bottom