Redflex Redlight Data

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    He_l, my SUV has OnStar, if they ever realize how many vehicles there are with it now, all they have to do is make a pact with Onstar and they can write you tickets, track where you go and when, etc. and all kinds of baloney like that. Fiddle.

Actually, I believe there is at least one case where onstar was turned on without the driver's knowledge and used to listen in on a conversation in the vehicle. The conversation was then used to get an indictment (maybe conviction?) on drug trafficking charges.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If i was a cop, I would want to be this kind...

c34m8ysm4lxmy2dfohml.jpg

G

goodgollymsmolli

The initial tickets are civil, but if you do not pay, they are then treated like a delinquent parking ticket and your license is flagged and a bench warrant is issued, which is then criminal[/QUOTE

I had no idea that parking tickets could spark a bench warrant. :eek3:
    So, uh, how would one find out if they have any such parking tickets in the Nola area? :D

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    The initial tickets are civil, but if you do not pay, they are then treated like a delinquent parking ticket and your license is flagged and a bench warrant is issued, which is then criminal[/QUOTE

So, uh, how would one find out if they have any such parking tickets in the Nola area? :D

Call NOPD parking enforcement or get a cop to run your name anbd see if your wanted.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    The initial tickets are civil, but if you do not pay, they are then treated like a delinquent parking ticket and your license is flagged and a bench warrant is issued, which is then criminal

Call NOPD parking enforcement or get a cop to run your name anbd see if your wanted.

Just ask a member, they may help.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Who checks the pictures on the Crescent City Connection? My buddy got one from running the toll and it wasn't him.

G

goodgollymsmolli

On the subject, I got flashed at a light here in BR on Airline hwy near I-12, but I had stopped. It flashed on me because I came to a fast stop and my front wheels were over the white line at final resting point. There was some idiot stalled in the center lane a few yards before the light, and admittedly I wasn't paying much attention to the light because I was paying more attention to not hitting the vehicle/idiots walking around the car/people in other lanes.

I was convinced I would be getting a ticket in the mail any day, but I never did. I guess a reviewing LEO used their discretion and saw that I wasn't trying to beat the light. So, I don't have that big a problem with the red light cameras. For now.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    A lot of red light cams arent actually functional, then again...a lot are. I've been flashed about 5 times...so far no tickets. *knocks on particle board that is covered in wood grain plastic.*

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    I’m waiting to see if I get a citation in the mail. This past Sunday coming to work I made U turn on Earheart after crossing Carrolton Av. headed into town. I had to gown down Carrolton Av. to the interstate. As I approached Carrolton, headed towards Metairie, the light turned red facing Earheart. I came to a COMPLETE stop then made a right on read onto Carrolton. I was flashed while making the turn. This particular camera seems to flash a lot when no one is running a red light. Sooooooo now I’m just waiting and wondering…. Will I get a citation. :confused:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I’m waiting to see if I get a citation in the mail. This past Sunday coming to work I made U turn on Earheart after crossing Carrolton Av. headed into town. I had to gown down Carrolton Av. to the interstate. As I approached Carrolton, headed towards Metairie, the light turned red facing Earheart. I came to a COMPLETE stop then made a right on read onto Carrolton. I was flashed while making the turn. This particular camera seems to flash a lot when no one is running a red light. Sooooooo now I’m just waiting and wondering…. Will I get a citation. :confused:

No, she said those are specifically excused as long as you made a complete stop. those are the things she reviews for.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville

Good Lord. This seems like a case of someone needing to write a subroutine to correctly deal with proper traffic rules. I'm sure these cameras and software should be able to check for a complete stop and a legal right-on-red.

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    The strange thing is I was half way around the corner when it flashed. I was the only vehicle on that side of the street so it had to be me that triggered it. We'll see!

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If I get flashed by the strobe at night (oncoming traffic caused violation) and I lose control and hit a tree/pole/car, can I sue Redflex into the dirt because of it? It's gotta be something they think about all the time.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    If I get flashed by the strobe at night (oncoming traffic caused violation) and I lose control and hit a tree/pole/car, can I sue Redflex into the dirt because of it? It's gotta be something they think about all the time.

I've wondered about that, actually, there is one on college that will flash in peoples eyes as they get on the interstate, and one that will flash people while they are on interstate...

Top Bottom