RedHead 1856 Collection Fire-Resistant Gun Safe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    I picked one of these up from Bass Pro this weekend. It seems like a really nice safe, but I know nothing about safes. I liked the fact that there is a dial and you are not relying on a battery to get to your guns. It is fire resistant for 30 min up to 1200*. It will hold 21 long guns. and weighs in at almost 500 lbs. Plus it is very appealing to the eyes.

It list for $999.00 on the B.P. website, but was on sale for $699.00, + 10% off with reward card, and no tax!!

Was this a good buy? Any reviews or experiences with this brand or similar safes?

View attachment 9689

View attachment 9690

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    No, that's a terrible safe! The worse in the market! You got swindled! I'll take it off your hands for fifty bucks.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OH, MAN!!! That one made me laugh! Thanks!

Seriously, though... that is an awesome safe; you did well.

;)

That appears to be a nice safe, probably worth the money, although the Cannon safe deal at Tractor Supply Co is also a good deal, but has an electronic lock.

BTW, I prefer my electronic pad over a dial, as I can get into it in pitch black, just by feel, since the keypad is laid out like a phone.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    I would have loved an electronic lock, but it just seems like more stuff to go wrong. I would imagine reliability is pretty high with e-locks. I just kept thinking about that 1 time when I need a gun fast and the battery is dead, or a loose connection just happen to develop.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    I just checked out that cannon at TSC. Man that is a nice safe; I would have bought that one just for the warranty.... They'll replace it if ever stolen or damaged by fire or flood.

I sure wish someone would have passed this little piece of info along to me Thursday. I mean, really, WTF is Tractor supply doing selling gun safes?

Top Bottom