Reloading Mentor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjacobs

SouthernLife
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I live on the Westbank between NOLA and Luling. Looking for someone to show me the ropes with reloading. Not really trying to go the YouTube route.

Let me know if anyone is willing to help me get started.

Jgarris11

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I’m in Destrehan and can help. All of my equipment is packed away while house is getting redone from the hurricane. If you have equipment I can help you set up and show you.

cjacobs

SouthernLife
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Appreciate that. Sending you a DM.

cjacobs

SouthernLife
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Rifle. I build started building custom rifles and looking to shoot much more moving forward. I also hunt long range in other states.

Calibers i mostly shoot are 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5-300 Weatherby, 308, and 300 Blackout.

Looking to fine-tune accuracy and save money over time, but more importantly be able to draw up custom loads to dial in accuracy.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    If you don't mind driving to Thibodaux
    Barry, I've been reloading for a number of years but it has always been "by the book". I am looking to build some rounds for some calibers without having to purchase powder just for it. Do you have experience in developing loads based on similar powders? . I live in Houma

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Barry, I've been reloading for a number of years but it has always been "by the book". I am looking to build some rounds for some calibers without having to purchase powder just for it. Do you have experience in developing loads based on similar powders? . I live in Houma
    No. I'm by the book also. If I can't find a load in two or three places, I don't use it.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Kudos to Barry J, Jgarris11, and Request Dust Off for their offers. Books and online information are no substitute for in-person mentoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    THIS!
    You guys are a community asset. I’ve offered light smithing and small parts but rarely my time like that. Takes a special person to do that. Hope it comes back to you ten fold. God bless!

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Stock up on the 8 pound jug of H4350 someone posted about on Midway for 6.5CM
    Get some H110 for 300 BLK
    .308 you have plenty of choices

La Rebel

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    I’ve been using Quickload for years. It allows you to predict the performance of particular loads. As with any reloading data, start low and work up.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Check with Bryan at Louisiana Gun and Reloading in BR. He puts a class / how-to on every now and then.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom