Remember Boys : It's The Law

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    According to law, a man must register with Selective Service within 30 days of his 18th birthday. Selective Service accepts late registrations up until a man reaches his 26th birthday.
    1717162237720.png

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I remember doing this as well. At the local post office.

I would be a bad choice to draft and send over seas. "Shoot and burn everything" would be my motto.

In all honesty I should have joined, would be retired by now. Plus I might have some cool stories, or PTSD... Hope everyone that served or is currently serving is doing alright.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I remember doing this as well. At the local post office.

I would be a bad choice to draft and send over seas. "Shoot and burn everything" would be my motto.

In all honesty I should have joined, would be retired by now. Plus I might have some cool stories, or PTSD... Hope everyone that served or is currently serving is doing alright.
    I became an Army Engineer. I got to blow stuff up. Life skills.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    In Louisiana if they have a driver's license, are listed as "Male" on said license, it is automatic registration and they recieve a letter from the gov indicating they are registered shortly after their 18th birthday.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Donot remember actually signing up for the military draft system.....but in August 1968..I joined (volunteered and not drafted)........ I vividly remember the bus ride from Denham Springs to the Customs House in New Orleans for the induction medical physical (building was very cold inside due to only wearing a t-shirt/boxer shorts /socks) and the swearing in ceremony for oath of service... Then the long bus ride thru the night and arriving at Ft. Polk, La...(now known as FT. Johnson )(?) and 1st stop after getting off the bus was at the Barber Shop for the great equalizer hair cut.... Ended up giving them 9 1/2 years Active duty service U S Army. ................................................ drill sgt.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom