Report New Software Issues Here!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    On the "Off Site..." forum - I cannot type more than a certain number of characters before the keyboard strokes will not enter in the message. Have not counted them...but...

Also, noticed that the traffic on that forum is EXTREMELY limited - compared to the very active interchanges of the past few months.

WHY???

Is it a limiting system glitch? A site-wide rejection of the new system? Or what?????

Something needs to change - IT AIN'T THE SAME PLACE!

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    On the "Off Site..." forum - I cannot type more than a certain number of characters before the keyboard strokes will not enter in the message. Have not counted them...but...

Also, noticed that the traffic on that forum is EXTREMELY limited - compared to the very active interchanges of the past few months.

WHY???

Is it a limiting system glitch? A site-wide rejection of the new system? Or what?????

Something needs to change - IT AIN'T THE SAME PLACE!
    Traffic is actually increasing. Still early. Normally as time goes on it can really go up.

What browser are you on?

A glitch here and there is not ruining the forum. Things are actually improving. If there is an issue we want to work it out.

December 2021 - New threads (off topic forum) started 30
    December 2020 - New threads (off topic forum) started 23

November 2021 - New threads (off topic forum) started 38
    November 2020 - New threads (off topic forum) started 18

Now posts have declined some but this was well before the software change. But on this site, they tend to stay around a certain level anyway. On 2 other sites (without getting into specific) for example, posts tripled on 1 and doubled nearly on the other over the year after. One anotehr about the same but it hasd a domain change as well.

Last edited:

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    Traffic is actually increasing. Still early. Normally as time goes on it can really go up.

What browser are you on?

A glitch here and there is not ruining the forum. Things are actually improving. If there is an issue we want to work it out.

December 2021 - New threads (off topic forum) started 30
    December 2020 - New threads (off topic forum) started 23

November 2021 - New threads (off topic forum) started 38
    November 2020 - New threads (off topic forum) started 18

Now posts have declined some but this was well before the software change. But on this site, they tend to stay around a certain level anyway. On 2 other sites (without getting into specific) for example, posts tripled on 1 and doubled nearly on the other over the year after. One anotehr about the same but it hasd a domain change as well.
    I am on Firefox. Thanks for response about the traffic.

I still need some help starting a conversation and posting feedback. Do not know how to initiate either from the windows/screens/tabs I see.

Thanks

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I've seen the comments about Feedback above. I CAN see my feedback, but when I go to view the item link, some of the links take me to the correct deal, some of the links take me to a thread that I've never participated in (and has no relation to the sale/trade) and one of the links indicates I do not have the proper permissions to visit.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    His custom coding, plus the addon does not work with tapatalk, tapatalk supports very little with forums now custom wise, so he is looking into it.
    Is it possible to not allow tapatalk integration? A number of issue come about because people are looking at tapatalk's interpretation of the site rather than the site itself.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Is it possible to not allow tapatalk integration? A number of issue come about because people are looking at tapatalk's interpretation of the site rather than the site itself.
    Probably, but a ton of users use tapatalk.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Uh, no thank you. It’s the only way I look at BS and I have no problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I STILL can not reply to a lot of posts. Can someone please look into this and fix it?!

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So, is "LEAVE" a conversation (PM) the way to delete it? Also, I can select several message in my PM list, but I don't see any options to delete them or really do anything with them after I select them. What am I missing? Using Chrome

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    So, is "LEAVE" a conversation (PM) the way to delete it? Also, I can select several message in my PM list, but I don't see any options to delete them or really do anything with them after I select them. What am I missing? Using Chrome
    will send a photo help over.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If tapatalk isn't concerned with the rules of the site and we're sticking with tapatalk, I guess we should change the rules to allow comments in the marketplace.
    I'd agree with that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom