Restraining orders...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Tell her to get the restraining order and talk to the local police. That way when she caps him later there will be a paperwork trail... :)

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Restraining orders are a waste of time. My wife's sister had a restraining order on her ex husband and he murdered her and then killed himself. You need to try to get him on a stalking charge which is a more serious offense (might be a felony; don't know). If he gets charged/convicted of a felony, it might be grounds for his deportation which is the only way to get rid of him. Having dealt with sociopaths before, I feel for your friend. Don't mess around with this guy. He appears to be an extreme sociopath and will probably not give up.

L

Louisiana Shooter

Restraining orders are a waste of time. My wife's sister had a restraining order on her ex husband and he murdered her and then killed himself. You need to try to get him on a stalking charge which is a more serious offense (might be a felony; don't know). If he gets charged/convicted of a felony, it might be grounds for his deportation which is the only way to get rid of him. Having dealt with sociopaths before, I feel for your friend. Don't mess around with this guy. He appears to be an extreme sociopath and will probably not give up.

The only plus that I see to an RO is that if one has to shoot the person named in tha RO, a court has already determined that there was a reason for the shooter to fear the person they had to shoot.

L

Louisiana Shooter

If she calls the right people and makes the right allegations, she could get him on a "watchlist" which might keep him out...

We currently have many recent middle eastern immigrants who are family members of people who have assisted America's military and/or intelligence services in the global war on terror. It is highly unlikely that any of these immigrants will be deported for anything less than homicide.

twistedridge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Gonzales
    She needs to go to the police and file a complaint so that if these issues come up again it is documented. If he persists she needs to ask to have a restraining order placed on him and have him served. Like LACamper said record a call and have it for evidence when she files her complaint. Louisiana is not a ask permission to record conversations state. I do not know where this is taking place. Check and see what the law states on recording private conversations first. Then have as many witnesses as you can find and have them go with you when you file the complaint and get there account of the events filed as well. If she can get him saying that he is going to "F her life up". That is classified as a verbal assault and a threat upon a individuals life justifies self defense!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom