Ridiculous new gun law in NY State

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    Sep. 10—Reenactors are up in arms over a change to the state's gun laws that they say effectively bans reenactment events.

They say that under the new law that took effect Sept. 1, firearms including antique Civil War and Revolutionary War-era firearms are classified the same way as modern guns, and museums, parks and other locations open to the public are now considered "sensitive" areas where those weapons are prohibited.

They say the law was rammed through with no thought of how this would impact history events. Typical.

Old Grey

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2022
    PA
    Sep. 10—Reenactors are up in arms over a change to the state's gun laws that they say effectively bans reenactment events.

They say that under the new law that took effect Sept. 1, firearms including antique Civil War and Revolutionary War-era firearms are classified the same way as modern guns, and museums, parks and other locations open to the public are now considered "sensitive" areas where those weapons are prohibited.

They say the law was rammed through with no thought of how this would impact history events. Typical.
    Pull up the NYS police website and read all the new laws. It will make your blood just boil. You can`t even walk on the sidewalk carrying or you`ll be arrested, guns taken, charged with a felony. You can`t even walk onto somebody`s property without asking permission to carry concealed, or face a felony arrest. All properties now have to have a NYS approved sign saying concealed carry is ok on the property.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA

What about C&R? That's a federal designation, correct? Can NY override that (legally)? And if "firearms including antique Civil War and Revolutionary War-era firearms are classified the same way as modern guns", shouldn't the inverse be true? Shouldn't a fully automatic firearm be classified the same as "antique Civil War and Revolutionary War-era firearms". Does NY get to have it's cake and eat it too? Is there some way of spiking the cake with a sensibility serum?

Old Grey

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2022
    PA
    The citizens of NY deserve the politicians they elect. NY's gun laws are just one reason I wouldn't live there on an election bet.
    With that type "A" attitude, its no wonder why gun owners are losing rights. Wow, so nice of you to turn your back on fellow gun owners like that - NOT! To many times i`ve seen this A hole type statements like this from many that don`t live in NY. Just so you know, the majority of upstate NY are red conservative voters. It is NYC that decides the fate of the whole state because of the massive population in the city.

Wait until the cancer spreads to where YOU live. I bet you`ll have a much different attitude when they start taking YOUR rights away.

Danny Ross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2022
    Bush, LA
    With that type "A" attitude, its no wonder why gun owners are losing rights. Wow, so nice of you to turn your back on fellow gun owners like that - NOT! To many times i`ve seen this A hole type statements like this from many that don`t live in NY. Just so you know, the majority of upstate NY are red conservative voters. It is NYC that decides the fate of the whole state because of the massive population in the city.

Wait until the cancer spreads to where YOU live. I bet you`ll have a much different attitude when they start taking YOUR rights away.
    I live in Louisiana. I vote in Louisiana. A politician who wanted to violate the 2d Amendment rights of Louisiana citizens, except in New Orleans and maybe Baton Rouge, would be voted out during the next election. New York City is about 1200 miles and a couple of centuries away from where I live. What, precisely, would you have me do to help the gun owners in New York? Or Commiefornia, for that matter?

Old Grey

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2022
    PA
    I live in Louisiana. I vote in Louisiana. A politician who wanted to violate the 2d Amendment rights of Louisiana citizens, except in New Orleans and maybe Baton Rouge, would be voted out during the next election. New York City is about 1200 miles and a couple of centuries away from where I live. What, precisely, would you have me do to help the gun owners in New York? Or Commiefornia, for that matter?
    You could change the attitude for one.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area

If you wish to pontificate, and be taken seriously, basic spelling and grammar will improve your credibility. Nobody is persuaded by a reply that resembles subway graffiti or a hastily scribbled grocery list.
    Offer a serious proposal for how to help the New York situation if you are that passionate about it. Emotional outbursts and mentioning attitude or feelings, is an AOC reaction; not the reaction of a (nominally) conservative supporter of the second amendment. I will gladly participate in any functional activity to help. What serious course(s) of action do you recommend that non-residents take to effect change in New York state statutes and local ordinances?

Top Bottom