Rifle Match this Sunday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leeshall

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Suburban NOLA
    There will be a High Power Rifle Match this coming Sunday 30MAY2021 down in "da Parish". The St. Bernard range is located directly behind Richards RV Park, 350 Bayou Road, St. Bernard (Poydras) LA 70085. Take the road adjacent to the RV Park all the way back and over the old RR tracks to the range. 50 shot NRA National Match course of fire with sighters @ 200yds. First shots downrange @ 0900 so get there early enough to register, set up and put out targets. Bring your stapler and pasters. Newly constructed target frames are available.

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    Is this like a DCM match?

You must be an old dude like me, DCM (Director of Civilian Marksmanship) was changed to the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) in 1996.

Sounds like Lee will conduct this match under NRA rules which are very similar to CMP rules. This match will not be a Leg (EIC) match.

This will be a walk and paste match, unlike a place like Palo Alto with there are pits with targets.

All firing will be done from 200 yards.
    A sight-in period will be held at the beginning of the match. Sighters can be fired from any position. These will be the only sighters allowed in the match.

First course of fire is 10 rounds in 10 minutes from a standing position shot on an SR target. A sling cannot be used for support.
    Second course of fire is firing 10 rounds in 60 seconds with a mandatory reload (usually 2 in the first mag and 8 in the second) from a sitting position on to an SR Target. A sling may be used for support.
    Third course of fire is firing 10 rounds in 70 seconds with a mandatory reload (usually 2 in the first mag and 8 in the second) from a prone position on to an SR-42 Target. A sling may be used for support.
    Fourth course of fire is firing 20 rounds in 20 minutes single loaded from a prone position on to an MR-52 Target. A sling may be used for support.

After sight in and each course of fire the shooter will walk to the target and score and paste (after sighter and standing) or score and change targets (after sitting and rapid prone).

No muzzle brakes (or breaks) are allowed. Military style flash suppressors are OK.

Last edited:

leeshall

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Suburban NOLA
    Mike, For saving me the 20-30 minutes it would have taken me to peck out the response you gave, Yes, I will buy you lunch.

Slight corrections-- standing and sitting rapid fire will use the SR target vice the SR-1 target.
    Prone rapid fire will be fired on the SR-42 target vice the SR-21 target.
    Prone slow fire will be fired on the MR-52 target vice the MR-31 target.
    You inadvertenly listed the targets used for a 100 yard match.

Last edited:

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    I was trying to make it a little more sporting. But thanks for catching that.

Sam shot a 98 offhand in practice. He needs to shoot the SR-1 at 200 yards.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Thanks for the explanation! I have actually never shot in any rifle match. This appears to be similar to rifle qualification, but thankfully closer range. I will try to make it.

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    Great match, perfect weather, and the winning score was excellent. Congratulations Sam.

Thanks to Lee for running the match.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It was so much fun to meet everyone and learn about this match. Next time I will bring everything I need and actually enter!
    Semper Fi

leeshall

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Suburban NOLA
    Next High Power Rifle Match at the Poydras Range will be on Halloween - 31OCT2021. Y'all come! In the meantime, regular matches will be held at the Sheriff's Range in Gonzales as well as Palo Alto near Donaldsonville.
    Thanks to all participants for making the Match a success!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom