Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary model

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Anyone see one of these offered for sale anywhere yet? I quickly checked Cabela's, Bass Pro, and Academy online with no luck. I was able to sign up for a notification on Gallery of Guns. Just curious as to what the actual street price was. The MSRP is $379. I don't really need another .22 rifle but I figured I'd get one of these as a collector piece.
    http://www.ruger.com/products/102250thAnniversary/models.html

Last edited:

Saqqara

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Slidell, LA
    Hmm. I was just preparing to try a different .22 since my stainless 10/22 was among guns I had stolen; but it's sort of providential that this model is coming out just as I need one. I wonder what the dimensions of the stock are.

It does say that the stock modules it comes with are long length of pull.

The grown up sizing of the Remington 597 has really won me over.

Last edited:

Corndoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    Monroe, LA
    That looks like the full size American Rimfire stock so LOP will be 13.5". I wonder if they are including both combs like with the bolt gun.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I was going to set up a 10/22 to use for Appleseed. So far I have just the swivel mounts. The sights and the sling should be about another $100, that would put me in about $320 for everything. Even at MSRP, the 50th anniversary model might be worth it just to not have to put in the time to modify my stock 10/22. If I could get one for closer to $350, I might consider getting two. One to shoot and one to keep as a collectible.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    I was going to set up a 10/22 to use for Appleseed. So far I have just the swivel mounts. The sights and the sling should be about another $100, that would put me in about $320 for everything. Even at MSRP, the 50th anniversary model might be worth it just to not have to put in the time to modify my stock 10/22. If I could get one for closer to $350, I might consider getting two. One to shoot and one to keep as a collectible.

The best part about the Ruger version is the swappable comb. I got the lowest peep sights I could find and still need a riser to get perfect cheek weld. The ruger sights look even lower. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one. All it would need to match my current configuration is a new hammer.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    That's not the one i was thinking of. Bayou Pawn had the take down 50th NRA model IIRC, not sure about the one you have linked, I did see one with the flash thingy. No Idea w about $$

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    In your shoes nolaradio. I'm wanting one. Got email alerts set up at Gallery of Guns and nothing heard yet. Having done Appleseed and now doing High Power it will be a rifle that will get used ... a lot.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    In your shoes nolaradio. I'm wanting one. Got email alerts set up at Gallery of Guns and nothing heard yet. Having done Appleseed and now doing High Power it will be a rifle that will get used ... a lot.
    I haven't gotten anything either from GOG.
    I was hoping to do Appleseed this summer in Slidell at Camp Villere. I think there was one in March that snuck up on me. Looks like there's a one day in July and the two day in September. Maybe I can get things together for the September date. I want to bring my son too. I think he'll really enjoy it.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Picked up the Ruger 10/22 50th Anniversary Contest Rifle Saturday. Gary, a Project Appleseed instructor, designed this rifle as a entry in the Ruger 10/22 50th Anniversary Contest. Those making it into the top 10 were then voted on. This design won.

It lives up to the hype. Good sights. Stock with a length of pull that will work. Plop the cheekbone on the comb and the sights are there. 20" barrel for nice long sight radius. Balance point at the forward edge of the magwell. Enough weight to dampen movement offhand. Pic rail for adding glass if you prefer. Extended mag release.

Only things I'm changing is the trigger, I'm pissy about my triggers, and the bolt release. Easy off the shelf stuff from Volquartzen or Power Custom.

This one is a keeper.

Top Bottom