Ruger LCP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    I got the one Kemo-Sabi got in from his dealer. First impression is "It looks like a well built TOY" and a copy of the KelTec. I brought mine to the gun show so I could handle them both at the same time. Fit and finish on the Ruger is alot better, They look almost the same but grip feels alot better on the LCP. Im going shoot it today. Ill let you know how it goes. The belt clip for a KelTec is supposed to fit. You will forget its in your pocket thats for sure.

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Ill say this if they could make a 9mm the same size it would be hard to hang on to. I just put 20 Hydra Shock 90gr. through it. Its hard to get 2 hands on it because its so small. With one hand it wants to flip out of your hand. Its not bad to shoot as far as recoil but I guess since their is not much to hold on to the muzzle flips like it wants to jump out of your hand. The trigger is just as expected from dry firing. LOOOOONG and light. you have to pull the trigger until your almost making a fist and hitting the trigger guard.

I like it and its a sweet pocket gun. It fed averyone no problem and kicked the casing so far over my head I couldnt find them all.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I got one off of Gunbroker, sent to B&B. Having handled both, the Ruger feels much more solid/quality than the KelTecs. I've put about 150 rounds through it, and was pretty disappointed at first. It was having feeding issues with Magtech and UMC ball ammo. It would run any JHP without a hitch though. I've read they do much better with WWB and other flat-nose type FMJ, plus I gave it a real quick "fluff and buff" so we'll see when I go to the range tomorrow.

So far, I'd have to say wait to buy one. Soon enough they'll be readily available, below MSRP and have all the kinks worked out. Unless you're impatient like me and can't wait. :D

But yeah...it is a sweet little pistol and so light I forget I have it in my pocket sometimes.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Can someone post a pic of one next to a $ bill for size comparison?

I can a wait a while for the price to come down.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom