Ruger Wrangler .22 SA revolver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    The trigger is pretty good and seems to not be too stiff. The trigger on my $99 Heritage revolver is actually a little better. The Ruger is a better built gun but then it cost twice what the Heritage cost.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Is it possible to put birds head grips on these?
    No sir, gotta have a birdhead frame to do that.
    I’ve had a black one for quite a while now (cost me $179 and my $10 FFL fee) and it’s holding up fine. Surprisingly accurate. The action is well timed, trigger is good but I’ve rarely found a revolver to have a sucky single action trigger. So far the finish is holding up well but I’m thinking that’s what will give first. Good part is it’ll be an easy fix if I want to have it redone later on... in my color of choice.

Last edited:

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    Been wanting a single action 22 for some time looking at the Wrangler and the Heritage the Heritage is cheaper but when I looked at both side by side at the gun shop got the Ruger will try it out in the morning and let you know what i think

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Been wanting a single action 22 for some time looking at the Wrangler and the Heritage the Heritage is cheaper but when I looked at both side by side at the gun shop got the Ruger will try it out in the morning and let you know what i think
    I bought my heritage pistols from $99 to $139 and they’re a great value, but for 40-50 bucks more the Ruger is a better buy. I think you can find them for about the same price as the rough riders are going for now.
    I can tell you that the weak link on the Heritage pistols is the hand and post. They will eventually break. The guns are also reported to lose screws at any given time, which keeps me checking mine every time I shoot them. On the other hand, Ruger stands behind their pistols and I’ve never had any problem reaching their customer service dept or seeing a lack of action when I do have to call them.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    My only issue with the Wrangler is that the loading gate is stiff as hell, and takes forever to loosen up. It was so tight when I bought it, I thought is was broken. Other than that, it is a fine plinker and pretty damn accurate for less than $200.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I bought my heritage pistols from $99 to $139 and they’re a great value, but for 40-50 bucks more the Ruger is a better buy. I think you can find them for about the same price as the rough riders are going for now.
    I can tell you that the weak link on the Heritage pistols is the hand and post. They will eventually break. The guns are also reported to lose screws at any given time, which keeps me checking mine every time I shoot them. On the other hand, Ruger stands behind their pistols and I’ve never had any problem reaching their customer service dept or seeing a lack of action when I do have to call them.

your correct imo the ruger is a slight better value than the heritage but I don’t think by much at all. I think having the ruger warranty is what really sets them apart. I could be wrong but I believe heritage is owned by Taurus.

The big thing that sets them apart imo is the heritage has a 22wmr cylinder that can be had for about $8. I really like having the option to shoot either .22lr or .22wmr. Hopefully ruger comes out with the same option for the wrangler.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    your correct imo the ruger is a slight better value than the heritage but I don’t think by much at all. I think having the ruger warranty is what really sets them apart. I could be wrong but I believe heritage is owned by Taurus.

The big thing that sets them apart imo is the heritage has a 22wmr cylinder that can be had for about $8. I really like having the option to shoot either .22lr or .22wmr. Hopefully ruger comes out with the same option for the wrangler.
    Where can I get a 22 mag cylinder for 8 bucks? Last I checked they were $40 plus shipping.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I am actually happy with the Heritage Arms one I have, for $129 it definitely fits the bill. How much are you going to shoot a SA 22?

its great for the price and amount I use it.

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    yep that is the only complaint I have so far thought about sending it back to Ruger but will shoot a couple hundred rounds first to see if that helps by the way what color is yours maybe that has something to do with it mine is silver

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Love my Wrangler. The Heritage guns are good if you get a good one. They seem to break a lot. We quit selling them in the gun shop because of this. Hope they've fixed them by now.

Top Bottom