Russian Ammo Ban Loophole.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    From the article:
    Shooters should opt to pay a little more to avoid supporting Russia, said Bill Brown, an importer for Reno-based Battle Born Munitions. He said he sold off his inventory, left permits unfilled and cut off Russian contracts.

“Why are you supporting the Russian war machine? Do you feel comfortable selling Russian-made military ammunition that’s fueling and funding the atrocities in Ukraine?” Brown said. “When you pay your 30 cents for a round, 28 of it goes back to Mother Russia. There’s no way you can contest that.”

I’d like to come out and say that Bill Brown is a liar and a Democrat.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Americans need to learn how to make cheap ammo. Insane that we can get ammo from Across the world for cheaper than making it here. Oh wait... I forgot about the EPA... that makes everything expensive.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Americans need to learn how to make cheap ammo. Insane that we can get ammo from Across the world for cheaper than making it here. Oh wait... I forgot about the EPA... that makes everything expensive.
    And we have manufacturers here like Ammo inc who send over a million rounds to Ukraine and then raise prices for the American consumers to foot the bill. Bunch of BS if you ask me.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    When you have a million more guns to feed from recent sales, the demand will go up.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Last tine I checked, the price at Academy for Russian 9mm was higher than Blaser aluminum or brass.
    Case lots purchased online are a different story though.
    I guess this mainly affects our inexpensive supply of 7.62×39. Most of the money that fuels the Russian war machine is from oil. Gun owners are the real target of these inport bans.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Last tine I checked, the price at Academy for Russian 9mm was higher than Blaser aluminum or brass.
    Case lots purchased online are a different story though.
    I guess this mainly affects our inexpensive supply of 7.62×39. Most of the money that fuels the Russian war machine is from oil. Gun owners are the real target of these inport bans.
    Academy’s prices are ridiculous now. You have aluminum case ammo that’s more expensive than some brass. It’s cheaper to buy 10 20ct boxes of 5.56 than it is to buy a 200ct box of the exact same brand and ammo. They have some off brand 00 buckshot for over $4 per round. The one that kills me the most is some 50ct boxes of .22lr Norma tac 22 for $9.99 which is like $3.99 online at other places.

I bought ammo from academy daily from December of 2019 until around September of 2021. In that time they raised the prices 4 different times. The last price increase made it not even worth buying anymore since everything was significantly cheaper online. I’d rather buy in stores if possible and buying 4 boxes a day of whatever didn’t bother me since it was on my way home from work. I like to be able to inspect the ammo before I buy it but now I just order online and haven’t had any issues. I saw some crazy stuff over the past couple years like bullets seated upside down in the cases, cases missing primers, primers so far off center they were almost on the rim. Also the most common thing I saw was bullets that were double seated into the casing. I’m talking seated so far down it’s visibly obvious as soon as you see it. Winchester and Remington were by far the worst, federal was the most consistent as long as it wasn’t federal champion. Winchester is decent if it’s over run from lake city but other than that it’s been pretty terrible.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Academy’s prices are ridiculous now. You have aluminum case ammo that’s more expensive than some brass. It’s cheaper to buy 10 20ct boxes of 5.56 than it is to buy a 200ct box of the exact same brand and ammo. They have some off brand 00 buckshot for over $4 per round. The one that kills me the most is some 50ct boxes of .22lr Norma tac 22 for $9.99 which is like $3.99 online at other places.

I bought ammo from academy daily from December of 2019 until around September of 2021. In that time they raised the prices 4 different times. The last price increase made it not even worth buying anymore since everything was significantly cheaper online. I’d rather buy in stores if possible and buying 4 boxes a day of whatever didn’t bother me since it was on my way home from work. I like to be able to inspect the ammo before I buy it but now I just order online and haven’t had any issues. I saw some crazy stuff over the past couple years like bullets seated upside down in the cases, cases missing primers, primers so far off center they were almost on the rim. Also the most common thing I saw was bullets that were double seated into the casing. I’m talking seated so far down it’s visibly obvious as soon as you see it. Winchester and Remington were by far the worst, federal was the most consistent as long as it wasn’t federal champion. Winchester is decent if it’s over run from lake city but other than that it’s been pretty terrible.
    I got some 9mm reloads from Bubba at a gun show. If you ever want to blow the grips off your gun I can give you some... Should have known when 115gr 9mm was chronographed at almost 1300fps.

Top Bottom