Ruston/Monroe area ranges?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Well, since the parish range is closed indefinitely, I need a new place to shoot. The two places I've heard of are the Ruston Gun Club and R&W firearms. Is anyone a member of either of these, or familiar with them? How much is membership to R&W? I asked Ruston Gun Club and the response I got was "Call so and so, membership costs can vary" which kind of smells of favoritism to me.

Last edited:

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Get ready for sticker shock. You DO know that Lincoln parish has the highest per capita of millionaires in the state???

What's up with the Ouachita range? I had heard they got that nonsense sorted out.

Somebody told me that Tyner Petrus in West By-God Monroe has an indoor range now.

Ok then, if those holier-than-thou pompous pricks don't want dirty peasants like me "lowering the tone" at their range I'll take my money somewhere else. I've heard 2 different stories on what's happening with the parish range; both end with "closed until further notice". As for the Tyner Petrus range, it's $13/hr and only goes to 25 yards, which is pretty well pointless for rifles.

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    There is a range just north of Hodge that is just off Hwy 167. Jonesboro Gun Club, probably 20 miles or so south of Ruston. 300 yard range, pistol range and I think they offer a cowboy range. They also have a small pro shop. It is a public facility, pay for day use. I'm not sure about memberships. I've never used the facility but have stopped in to casually check it out.

tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    They are currently working on the ouachita parish range. The estimate I heard was three weeks but I would not bet the farm on anything that is publicly controlled

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    knguyen
    Top Bottom