SA new double stack 9mm 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    If Springfield is trying to build a handgun that will compete with the Staccato or some of the other 2011s they have a long way to go.
    To me it's obvious they are not competing with that level of a firearm.

I wonder if they will offer a double stack in 10mm. Makes no sense but they offer a lot of other 1911's in 10mm.

Tigerbait

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2020
    Thibodaux, LA

I too will stick with my Staccatos.
    1c6f32f9610cc81387f55fed7deb2593.jpg

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Help me be more of a freedom lover. What new production firearms are on your "OK to buy" list?
    You do you.

Me? I used to collect NAA's. I mean, I had like 19 of them.
    Then Sandy Chisholm stuck his foot in his mouth. Said anyone who didn't get the vaccine was an idiot. This thrice vaccinated lover of freedom SOLD all of my NAAs.
    Enough of us felt the same way, and Sandy sold the company to his employees.

Dollars can be the most powerful club we can swing sometimes.

Best company you could buy from is Henry Arms. Great owner. American made with American Sourced materials. True supporters of 2A. They make a pretty good product too.

All of this is 'My Opinion', of course.
    My opinion is better than all y'all's opinions, in my opinion. Unless of course your opinion makes more sense than my opinion, in which your opinion may become my opinion.
    This is a lot of opinions, and you know what they say opinions are like, . . .

You do you.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I don’t think anyone is telling you the SA Prodigy is a better pistol than a staccato.

This thread has kind of turned into a staccato d!@k measuring contest.

Agreed, especially with BigC. If it’s just as reliable it would be hard to spend the extra money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tigerbait

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2020
    Thibodaux, LA
    Off topic but I wonder if Colion Noir is paid for like a lot of other big names.

He once admit being sponsored by
    Ruger. In an old video he did not like
    LCP 2, now that he's sponsored by
    Ruger he loves that little gun, he called
    it his mailbox gun in a recent video.
    But I never take the word of a reviewer
    that is sponsored.

Last edited:

Tigerbait

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2020
    Thibodaux, LA
    I don’t think anyone is telling you the SA Prodigy is a better pistol than a staccato.

HAHAHA you’re too funny a Staccato di@k measuring contest.
    I’m not going to try to insult someone’s intelligence on here, that’s beneath me.

Besides I’m not criticizing SA, I have two of there 1911s. I’m sure they’re double stack 1911 is a fine handgun by it’s standards. I’m sure whoever gets one will not be disappointed. My preference is Staccato because it goes above and beyond the standards of craftsmanship, quality and reliability. But there’s always a bad apple in every bushel, no matter what brand.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    My first trip to the range with my 5" Prodigy was a disaster. Fail to feed, fail to feed, fail to feed! I struggled to get 300 rounds down range and at times is was a single shot. The fit/finish is what I expect from Springfield, the sights adequate ( no red dot at this time), and the trigger was what I expected out of the box for a Springer.

Back home, I tune the magazines, clean and polish a few burrs away and look for a 12 Lb recoil spring. Can't find one so I install a 14" along with a modified Wilson full length guide rod. The modification is just a whole drilled in it to allow a pin to hold the guide rod/recoil spring assembly together for install and removal. With the 14lb spring I had ZERO fail to feeds in 100 rounds, but a lot of fail to eject. The cases did not have time to get out and were trapped in a horizontal position between breach face and barrel hood. The next round was trying to chamber and lay under the now deformed empty case.

Wolf springs arrive yesterday, so I headed to the range with a 12 lb spring installed.

Success ! 200 rounds down range with ZERO fails of any variety. I think I am going to like my 1st 2011 style range toy.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    My first trip to the range with my 5" Prodigy was a disaster. Fail to feed, fail to feed, fail to feed! I struggled to get 300 rounds down range and at times is was a single shot. The fit/finish is what I expect from Springfield, the sights adequate ( no red dot at this time), and the trigger was what I expected out of the box for a Springer.

Back home, I tune the magazines, clean and polish a few burrs away and look for a 12 Lb recoil spring. Can't find one so I install a 14" along with a modified Wilson full length guide rod. The modification is just a whole drilled in it to allow a pin to hold the guide rod/recoil spring assembly together for install and removal. With the 14lb spring I had ZERO fail to feeds in 100 rounds, but a lot of fail to eject. The cases did not have time to get out and were trapped in a horizontal position between breach face and barrel hood. The next round was trying to chamber and lay under the now deformed empty case.

Wolf springs arrive yesterday, so I headed to the range with a 12 lb spring installed.

Success ! 200 rounds down range with ZERO fails of any variety. I think I am going to like my 1st 2011 style range toy.

i guess you can call that a self made success... took 400+rounds parts and time....

lol i would have sent that sucker back way before all that work... or bought a staccato :dogkeke:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Work? Work is what I used to do to pay bills
    I love building, shooting, cleaning, tinkering, and pretty much anything to do with 1911's.
    i agree!!!! but with that much "building, shooting, cleaning, tinkering" should have come at a much much cheaper price... that method of work is designed for a budget cheap pawn shop find that makes it worth the fun and adventure ... Not a brand new production primo price gun to dump that effort into it just to get 200 flawless rounds out of it

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana

There is nothing funnier than watching the Staccato prima donna's when you mention the gun, or dare to speak ill of it.

(I say that but spent my morning and afternoon shooting mine at Cut Off Range)...lol

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Please tell me that’s not a gold trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You havent seen $hit. Go to the Stacatto FB page. OMG, the accessory queens are literally out of control. The amount of money to accessorize their toys are amazing, every thing you can possibly do to them, and I will guarantee you 85% of them never get shot. Its literally a guy show and tell page.

But....When they do get shot they are amazing. I have shot quite a lot of production and custom guns in my time, and very few things compare to them. I carry mine daily, nothing else. And shoot it a lot, and it takes it.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    i agree!!!! but with that much "building, shooting, cleaning, tinkering" should have come at a much much cheaper price... that method of work is designed for a budget cheap pawn shop find that makes it worth the fun and adventure ... Not a brand new production primo price gun to dump that effort into it just to get 200 flawless rounds out of it
    You can't fault the gun for not running right if he added non oem parts that just didn't go well. I mean am I reading the post right? He didn't run it stock.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    unless i miss read it... the first 300 rounds was on the stock gun massive failure ... after his time and money on parts he then ran another 100 nonflawless rounds after all the updates... then worked his magic again and finally had 100 flawless rounds ....again unless i misread

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    unless i miss read it... the first 300 rounds was on the stock gun... after his time and money on parts he then ran 100 flawless rounds after all the updates... again unless i misread
    Lmao.. I scrolled up to far and completely missed the first few sentences...my bad.

I've had a couple guns give me feeding issues the first few mags. Then it was all fine after that. 300 rounds would have me a bit worried.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Lmao.. I scrolled up to far and completely missed the first few sentences...my bad.

I've had a couple guns give me feeding issues the first few mags. Then it was all fine after that. 300 rounds would have me a bit worried.

i agree, i have even had a nib glock 19 give me a fte in the first mag :noes: i know right... a glock!!!! but never suffered through 400 rounds of a single shot primo brand new gun or worked on one and buy parts to get it to just cycle correct.....

to me the situation would have been acceptable buying a $400 para ordnance warthog or 14-45 at a pawnshop and doing that kinda work, parts and wasting ammo ... not a $1500 new in box springer staccato wanna be :deadhorse: lol pun intended

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom