Safe remodeling

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    I have a cannon 24 gun safe that doesnt fit much of anything well. I want to redo the shelving /gun storage racks inside.

Anyome here has done anthing like this before?

I was thinking about either a slide out A frame rack . Or guns long guns around outside and shelves in the middle.

Right now its guns on right and shelves on left and one big shelf on the top

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I changed my interior out to Secure It Gun storage. Can hold more guns with scopes and get to all of them without taking any out.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I wouldn't be much help with your question, but Harbor Freight sells an 18" magnetic tool holder for $4.99 that's a godsend if you store a bunch of metal mags.
    PXL_20220720_195603944.jpg

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Look into rifle rods. Depending on how much room is needed just remove the gun rests on one side and use rifle rods. You would be amazed at how much space thry save.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I bought a rack like this Amazon product ASIN B07MWHXYV2
    Then grabbed one of the board from lowes
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/48-in-L-x-...3BlbFi7xwKkOzatnWxxoCwFIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

and put it on top of the rack, cut to size to fit the safe. that gave me a lower level that I can throw what ever I want (pistols, mags, suppressors etc).

Then a dozen of these:
    Amazon product ASIN B07MB6KWJP
    something to organize the pistols on top like this:
    Amazon product ASIN B004QUIWBO
    which allowed me to fit more pistols.

but ultimately I knew I out grew my safe, and bought 2 more

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    You used to be able to buy Stack On barrel stand offs, same ones used in Stack On safes if you want to line the back and walls of your safe. They also have an extra tall piece for scoped rifles.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My first safe was a browning fat boy that I had the same issue with. Took out the side shelving and lined the entire inner wall with long guns but had a ton of empty space in the center, top to bottom. I kept just the top shelves that cleared the gun barrels and wound up using pieces of all thread with threaded sleeves to make expanding dividers for free standing guns in the empty center space (think shower curtain rod). Rearranged the guns into rows, side to side. Covered the rods with pipe insulation and just slip the guns in barrel up. It’s been working for me for many years but not for someone who frequently pulls out a different gun. I reserve the front row for what I tend to pull out most often. Also, I keep the vast majority of my long guns in socks I’ve bought in bulk. That alone has kept my collection free of those mysterious dings that collectors so often complain about.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    I dont have a lot of long guns. Just would like to be able to remove guns without having to pull out other guns first. So i probably wont be using rifle rods

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    I have a cannon 24 gun safe that doesnt fit much of anything well. I want to redo the shelving /gun storage racks inside.

Anyome here has done anthing like this before?

I was thinking about either a slide out A frame rack . Or guns long guns around outside and shelves in the middle.

Right now its guns on right and shelves on left and one big shelf on the top
    I've seen a lazy Susan type rack that sort of made sense; Gun-Racks.com, Campbell Industrial Supply.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom