Salami Match St. Bernard Range in Poydras Jan. 8th 2023

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    As much as I like to shoot XTC with the AR and M14, my favorite is shooting my 1903-A3 Springfield. One of the first Matches of the year is the Salami Match at the Poydras Range. Any rifle is welcome in competition as long as it's a Military Iron Sighted, Bolt Gun, Used in Korea or older. Mausers, Mosins, Swiss, Arisakas, 03's, etc.

You compete for Food prizes, but really for the title of "Big Salami" I believe it pays out 7 places ending with the title of "Teeny Weenie" :chuckles: The fun factor is off the chart, there's usually bruises and the occasional bloody nose. Any time you have folks shooting cartridges like 30-06, 7.62x54R, 8mm, etc. in a light bolt-gun battle rifle, that they shoot infrequently, things can get interesting.

Its a 50rds National match COF with unlimited sighters all shot at 200yds on the SR, SR-42, and MR-52 target(s) Come and Air Out that old battle rifle and have some fun.

If you have any questions PM me and I'd be happy to help.

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    How did everything go? Was there much bleeding involved?
    There was some target abuse, 8mm and big 30cal do a number on the frames. Danny took the honors I was second, both in the mid-400 range. No one else broke 400 ... I'd say their rifles probably got the best of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom