(UPDATED APRIL 2024) Sale of Braced AR Pistols on BayouShooter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Respectfully, it might be worth re-reading both the constitution and the ATF ruling. You don't seem intimately familiar with either.

You should be more respectful to the guys that keep this site running. These guys are (I think) volunteers that put up with a lot of our BS for the sake of keeping a community running, so us losers can have a place to trade bang-bang toys and talk ****.
    100% volunteer here - I do this for fun and to do my part to help support the southern firearm community.

As someone who has personally been called by both the FBI and the ATF in years past over people being stupid on here, I can say that I'd rather not have to keep doing that and I'd rather folks on here not try to be break laws. Its a bad look for us and for the shooting community as a whole.

And don't even get me started on childish comments like "you should move to the UK because I don't agree with you..."

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    This is getting juicy... just going to sit back and watch....

Michael-jackson-eating-popcorn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I never said I didn't agree with the decision to not allow the sale of braced firearms on this forum. It is the owners decision and his alone. Calling the use of a brace a loophole, however, is exactly what I picture a British guy in a red coat would say.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Haven't had a knock "yet"

Wonder how many times that phrase has been used before by people who eventually ate those words.
    What reason would they have to knock on my door? I'm a working professional, clean record, and haven't given anyone a reason to look for me. I think the tin foil hat people just come up with scenarios that are just unrealistic. There's 300 Million guns in circulation. They aren't going after gun owners just for the sake of them owning guns, they would look for threats and felons

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Oh well, at least I can say I tried. So just to clarify, are gun stores also anti 2A for removing the braces off of pistols in the shops?
    Yes, and they should all get on a boat and move to the UK. Maybe all of the open land around Windsor Castle?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I never said I didn't agree with the decision to not allow the sale of braced firearms on this forum. It is the owners decision and his alone. Calling the use of a brace a loophole, however, is exactly what I picture a British guy in a red coat would say.
    No red coat here, but I've always thought of it as a loop hole and hell illegal. I was a VERY late adopter to the brace as I had many SBR's. Only reason I have a brace was b/c my scorpion and mpx came with it. And this was well after they were widely used as a work around for avoiding SBR tax stamp. And let's be honest, regardless if you think the NFA should exist or not. If you bought a brace, it was to get around that. The response is always, it shouldn't be illegal anyway. Well that doesn't hold up. It is illegal, the intention was to have a rifle with a short barrel, 99% of the people I met called their "pistols" rifles.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    No red coat here, but I've always thought of it as a loop hole and hell illegal. I was a VERY late adopter to the brace as I had many SBR's. Only reason I have a brace was b/c my scorpion and mpx came with it. And this was well after they were widely used as a work around for avoiding SBR tax stamp. And let's be honest, regardless if you think the NFA should exist or not. If you bought a brace, it was to get around that. The response is always, it shouldn't be illegal anyway. Well that doesn't hold up. It is illegal, the intention was to have a rifle with a short barrel, 99% of the people I met called their "pistols" rifles.
    Stop it with your logic and go buy a one-way ticket to London.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    The only loophole is the laws in place that prevent lawful people from owning whatever they want. The brace should never even have to be an option for anyone other than those that are disabled; just so happens, anyone can use them.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The only loophole is the laws in place that prevent lawful people from owning whatever they want. The brace should never even have to be an option for anyone other than those that are disabled; just so happens, anyone can use them.
    Wut

Top Bottom