(UPDATED APRIL 2024) Sale of Braced AR Pistols on BayouShooter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Now this… this is something I stand by abolishing.

F52518A8-AAE6-4773-98B8-5EE9AF6699F2.jpeg

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    guess just gonna have a bunch of flaccid guys

I'm not saying there's a correlation between a bunch of grumpy old men with flaccid pistols and a bunch of grumpy old men getting mad about not being able to use their big long explosive metal pistols anymore...

but...

I'm not not saying that...

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Now this… this is something I stand by abolishing.

View attachment 137371
    s-l1600.jpg

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    s-l1600.jpg

Thank you for highlighting our laziness.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Sooo just curious… what’s the diff, we have alwasy been able to sell a “pistol” with a brace and a “ stock” in the photo with package…. Didn’t mean it was an sbr… so why can’t we sell a “pistol” with the brace off and as a package also?
    The change is due to the ATF now considering an AR pistol with a brace as a SBR that is illegal to sell in that configuration.

Yes, taking the brace off of the AR pistol fixes the problem, but we don't want to risk being accused of facilitating the sale of braced SBRs with them both in a single post / "package".

Could this be overkill on our end? Sure. But it's really not hard to take the brace off, make the firearm legal to possess, and then if you choose to part ways with them, to do so in a legal manner without them attached. If someone does all of that, they can also make two separate posts in two separate forums for their separate, but legal items.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    The change is due to the ATF now considering an AR pistol with a brace as a SBR that is illegal to sell in that configuration.

Yes, taking the brace off of the AR pistol fixes the problem, but we don't want to risk being accused of facilitating the sale of braced SBRs with them both in a single post / "package".

Could this be overkill on our end? Sure. But it's really not hard to take the brace off, make the firearm legal to possess, and then if you choose to part ways with them, to do so in a legal manner without them attached. If someone does all of that, they can also make two separate posts in two separate forums for their separate, but legal items.

The NERVE of you and your completely rational, excruciatingly simple common sense. You must be a gun-hating snowflake, trying to keep this website operating legally by having dudes slip a piece of plastic off their thing before taking a picture of it.

Austin hates America!!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston

Understandable, was just curious, thanks for the explanation!!!!

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    The NERVE of you and your completely rational, excruciatingly simple common sense. You must be a gun-hating snowflake, trying to keep this website operating legally by having dudes slip a piece of plastic off their thing before taking a picture of it.

Austin hates America!!

A612C42D-BEB1-4F1D-8435-DF93718B8A70.gif

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    The real issue I see (might be wrong) is filling out forms being submitted by a Federal Agency controlled by a Anti 2A/anything that goes bang Administration.

Completing such a form identifies you, where you live and the fact you own firearms. In other words, a preliminary road map/shopping list of what to look for and seize.

Similar to why the Feds want to track PM sales.

Call me a paranoid sceptic if you want.
    Many of us already own NFA items that have been registered with the alphabet soup bunch for years.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I thought I was following the guidelines set forth in this thread... Yet, my ads were. still deleted. I’m just looking for clarification as to where I went south, so I can correct it.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I thought I was following the guidelines set forth in this thread... Yet, my ads were. still deleted. I’m just looking for clarification as to where I went south, so I can correct it.

"Other accessories can be discussed with purchase"

I didn't delete the posts. But if I had to guess, it's probably because you tried to ignore the rules and sell a brace with the pistol rather than just creating a separate ad.

Top Bottom