(UPDATED APRIL 2024) Sale of Braced AR Pistols on BayouShooter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There you go with those assumptions again…

I spoke with 340six and Austin privately. There wasn’t a need to send you a PM.

Of course I made an assumption. You made a post. I replied to the post. Your very next post, less than an hour later, indicated you were sending a pm. Assuming that post meant you were continuing the discussion through pm with the person replying to your post given no other context clues is the most reasonable assumption. It would certainly be unreasonable to assume you sent a pm to Austin based on his public post asking if the situation had been resolved. And it would also be unreasonable to assume you sent a pm to 340six as he has not participated in this thread. In fact, I don't believe his name has even been mentioned in this thread until you just mentioned it. So yeah, I made an assumption.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Of course I made an assumption. You made a post. I replied to the post. Your very next post, less than an hour later, indicated you were sending a pm. Assuming that post meant you were continuing the discussion through pm with the person replying to your post given no other context clues is the most reasonable assumption. It would certainly be unreasonable to assume you sent a pm to Austin based on his public post asking if the situation had been resolved. And it would also be unreasonable to assume you sent a pm to 340six as he has not participated in this thread. In fact, I don't believe his name has even been mentioned in this thread until you just mentioned it. So yeah, I made an assumption.
    Rather than continue a pissing match… I digress.
    Thanks for clarifying; that it was indeed an assumption.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    1681269647945.gif

Cat Hearder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's almost like we were exploiting loopholes this whole time. Good thing we had presidents like Reagan, that "conservatives" seem to adore so much. At least he made sure to close a lot of the loopholes, keeping America safe from those evil machine guns. And Trump, let's not forget about daddy Trump closing that bumpstock loophole.

Some of y'all should move to the UK, you'd fit in real well over there.
    Technically, when the initial clarification letter on the brace came out. Many people were skeptical that it would last a few months. Part of the original letter stated it was not to be used to “shoulder” but as a support fir a pistol. You tube videos of everyone and their brother firing their “pistols” on tactical courses and a new communist regeim is what drive the change. I agree as everyone here. It sucks and our Rights are being infringed, but I will also reapect the moderators and this forum because it allows us all a place to keep in touch and be monitored by the 3 letter agencies … not sure how much I like the last part, but all of know everything we post is monitored.

sinstickk

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 15, 2020
    Plaquemine
    Not to beat a dead horse, and I read the first two pages and went to the last before I posted this, but has there been any alterations to this mod rule since the injunction through 6th circuit for certain members of certain groups?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not to beat a dead horse, and I read the first two pages and went to the last before I posted this, but has there been any alterations to this mod rule since the injunction through 6th circuit for certain members of certain groups?

No. That would add an additional duty to the volunteer staff, verifying membership in specific groups. I think the current method is reasonable with minimal added work to the poster. Instead of one ad for a braced pistol, make one ad for the pistol and one ad for the brace. You are welcome to put a link in your ad to all of your other ads. Or you can list all of your ads in your sig. If your ads include both a pistol and a brace, it's all good. What you can't do is somehow imply that the sale of one is dependent on or included with the other. But if a buyer chooses to buy multiple, separate items from you, we're not going to judge.

J2K

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Lafayette, LA

A federal judge in Texas has issued a new preliminary injunction for Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) members and Maxim Defense against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Final Rule (Final Rule 2021R-08F) on pistol stabilizing devices.

KeenanLouviere

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    Hi Everyone,

After the public discussion this week following numerous reported posts, we have decided to prohibit the sale of braced, unregistered SBRs (AR Pistols) on the forum. While we do not agree with the ATF ruling in any way and hope it is quickly repealed, we have always asked that all site users follow all applicable laws in their jurisdiction whenever utilizing the forum. Under the ATF ruling, it is currently illegal for FFLs to sell braced rifles with barrels shorter than 16", unless registered as an NFA item. In the near future, it will be illegal to possess a braced AR pistol that is not registered as an NFA item. As such, effective immediately, we will ask that users do not post or attempt to buy/sell unregistered, braced AR pistols on the forum.

We will not be doing any form of lookback or removing AR pistol posts that have been listed over the past years as there are simply too many, most of which are likely not for sale anymore.

Going forward, we will prohibit the posting or the bumping (replying to) of ads for braced AR pistols*. This is effective immediately.

If you have a braced AR pistol that you would like to sell, we encourage you to follow one of two paths:
    1) Remove the brace. Make a for-sale (WTS or WTT) post for the brace. Separately, make an additional for-sale post for the AR Pistol. We will not allow posts that contain both items.
    *2) Register the braced AR Pistol as an NFA item. You may then post that it is an NFA item for sale and then you must follow all applicable laws to do so. If we suspect that an account is attempting to illegally sell NFA items, we will follow the typical procedure of removing the post and the account, as we have for many years.

Again, I know no one agrees with the ATF decision. We certainly do not. But, as it stands it is the law and we intend to follow it on the forum.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to discuss below.

Thanks,
    Austin
    Does this include Sig MPX?

NickC1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    Hi Everyone,

After the public discussion this week following numerous reported posts, we have decided to prohibit the sale of braced, unregistered SBRs (AR Pistols) on the forum. While we do not agree with the ATF ruling in any way and hope it is quickly repealed, we have always asked that all site users follow all applicable laws in their jurisdiction whenever utilizing the forum. Under the ATF ruling, it is currently illegal for FFLs to sell braced rifles with barrels shorter than 16", unless registered as an NFA item. In the near future, it will be illegal to possess a braced AR pistol that is not registered as an NFA item. As such, effective immediately, we will ask that users do not post or attempt to buy/sell unregistered, braced AR pistols on the forum.

We will not be doing any form of lookback or removing AR pistol posts that have been listed over the past years as there are simply too many, most of which are likely not for sale anymore.

Going forward, we will prohibit the posting or the bumping (replying to) of ads for braced AR pistols*. This is effective immediately.

If you have a braced AR pistol that you would like to sell, we encourage you to follow one of two paths:
    1) Remove the brace. Make a for-sale (WTS or WTT) post for the brace. Separately, make an additional for-sale post for the AR Pistol. We will not allow posts that contain both items.
    *2) Register the braced AR Pistol as an NFA item. You may then post that it is an NFA item for sale and then you must follow all applicable laws to do so. If we suspect that an account is attempting to illegally sell NFA items, we will follow the typical procedure of removing the post and the account, as we have for many years.

Again, I know no one agrees with the ATF decision. We certainly do not. But, as it stands it is the law and we intend to follow it on the forum.

Thanks,
    Aust

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
    Austin
    ok

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom