(UPDATED APRIL 2024) Sale of Braced AR Pistols on BayouShooter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Bugsworth_058069.jpg

What if I told you that if you sell more than one gun in a year, you are engaged in the business ,and require an FFL and have to perform background checks.

Of course, that's not true, . . . , yet.

Anyone actually take the time to read Herr Biden's latest decree regarding firearms ?

Oh, and if you're filling out a Fm4473 and it asks you if you live in city limits, just say you don't know.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Idk, I thought it was pretty clearly stated, but even though the British speak English, it is a different form of English.
    A lot of people on this forum are at least typing the (Queen's) King's English. And it's happening a lot more often. If you were a POME, I'd cut you some slack. I think most people here are should know better. But, I'm seeing it everywhere!!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You two are something else.

We can argue that the 2A has been "infringed" by plenty of laws that have stood the test of time and multiple courts, including the supreme court. There are also many gun laws that 2A supporters support. An easy one is violent felons not having access to firearms.

Years ago, laws were passed that made rifles with <16" barrels classified as "short-barreled rifles." Folks found a loophole by attaching a brace to them and calling them a "braced pistol"...that just so happens to shoot a rifle round. The writing was on the wall that it would be classified as a SBR at some point. So yes, I'll call it a loophole because an AR with a 12 inch barrel is not a pistol.

I've also mentioned that I think the NFA laws are pretty dumb. Suppressors and SBRs should be much easier to get for the everyday responsible gun owner. But they're not. Maybe go protest that instead of wasting your time telling other clear supporters of the 2A and general firearm rights to "move to the UK."
    If it were only that clear. It’s just not.
    I’m something else? You mean besides on the fence about my 2A rights? Sorry bud, I just don’t buy into your complacency in this case. I’ve met very few gun owners in my life with the attitude of just letting the government take that inch because it doesn’t directly affect them. Now I’m in a concentrated group of gun owners and I’m seeing how prevalent the theme is and I find it disturbing to say the least.
    I hate to say it, but since you went down that loophole road, what I’m reading here seems hypocritical at best.
    Let me be clear, I completely respect the decision of the site in this matter. I never said I didn’t and I don’t think my comments allude to such. I completely understand having to do the right thing to protect interests. So far, I’ve only seen one opposed. So understand that the opposition is to your comment. Let’s not drag the site into it. Although I did not quote you or call you out over your comment, it’s exactly the sort of language I find so disturbing to hear from anyone claiming to be pro gun. Notice that I also didn’t bash you over it, nor am I now. Just voicing my plea for people to realize where we are headed. You’re slipping bro. Argue and defend all you want. You’re slipping. I just hope you fall on the right side of the fence.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No red coat here, but I've always thought of it as a loop hole and hell illegal. I was a VERY late adopter to the brace as I had many SBR's. Only reason I have a brace was b/c my scorpion and mpx came with it. And this was well after they were widely used as a work around for avoiding SBR tax stamp. And let's be honest, regardless if you think the NFA should exist or not. If you bought a brace, it was to get around that. The response is always, it shouldn't be illegal anyway. Well that doesn't hold up. It is illegal, the intention was to have a rifle with a short barrel, 99% of the people I met called their "pistols" rifles.
    It's not a loophole to provide a product that complies with the law. And a lot of people refer to magazines as clips. That doesn't somehow transform a magazine into a clip.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Attachments

• 523BAD01-C563-4AF3-B2DE-CE7C8E690193.png
      523BAD01-C563-4AF3-B2DE-CE7C8E690193.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 70
    • 26DC8B0C-3BE2-4709-B51A-BD1D69B7E14E.png
      26DC8B0C-3BE2-4709-B51A-BD1D69B7E14E.png
      1.2 MB · Views: 75
    • C1012B7C-E33C-40FF-AB79-75489A44E050.png
      C1012B7C-E33C-40FF-AB79-75489A44E050.png
      418.2 KB · Views: 74

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It can't be a stock or brace because it's already classified as a pistol. So a pistol on a pistol.
    View attachment 136844View attachment 136845
    Some kind of CZ perversion?
    Looks like a 75 and a Scorpion trying to make a baby.
    I bet this will be in the next John Wick movie though. Middle of a firefight, just pop off the 75 and have a 2 for 1 special…

Cripsol

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2014
    Dallas
    We don’t agree with the law, but will follow it and force you to do the same. Laughable

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If it were only that clear. It’s just not.
    I’m something else? You mean besides on the fence about my 2A rights? Sorry bud, I just don’t buy into your complacency in this case. I’ve met very few gun owners in my life with the attitude of just letting the government take that inch because it doesn’t directly affect them. Now I’m in a concentrated group of gun owners and I’m seeing how prevalent the theme is and I find it disturbing to say the least.
    I hate to say it, but since you went down that loophole road, what I’m reading here seems hypocritical at best.
    Let me be clear, I completely respect the decision of the site in this matter. I never said I didn’t and I don’t think my comments allude to such. I completely understand having to do the right thing to protect interests. So far, I’ve only seen one opposed. So understand that the opposition is to your comment. Let’s not drag the site into it. Although I did not quote you or call you out over your comment, it’s exactly the sort of language I find so disturbing to hear from anyone claiming to be pro gun. Notice that I also didn’t bash you over it, nor am I now. Just voicing my plea for people to realize where we are headed. You’re slipping bro. Argue and defend all you want. You’re slipping. I just hope you fall on the right side of the fence.
    People can have different opinions. It doesn't mean one side is slipping. I choose to side with the law as enforced.

We don’t agree with the law, but will follow it and force you to do the same. Laughable
    I don't care if you or anyone doesn't follow the law, just as I don't care if you or others drive down I10 at 100 miles per hour. It is 100% your prerogative if you choose to break the law.

What I do care about is people using the board to break the law. We don't let folks sell weed on here. Or cocaine. Or meth. Or any illegal drugs. We also don't let people sell illegal firearms. We don't let people post illegal services (that would require a FFL). We don't let people offer to sell firearms across state lines without a FFL.

We aren't forcing anyone to comply with it. But, part of being a responsible gun owner is encouraging others to follow the law. To follow gun safety. And to make gun owners look better.

Protesting the ATF ruling should be done in a courtroom.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom