Sale of suppressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cris&joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2016
    Livingston
    I am thinking of saleing my shotgun suppressor. Any suggestions on where's the best place? Facebook groups? Also have 2 AR 15 lowers NIB I need to post. All for unexpected dental procedure. Just not sure of where to post these items anymore with all the controversy

Last edited:

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    Meplat Group sells firearms on consignment. Not sure if they will sell suppressors on consignment but you can ask. They're open by appointment only in person. They've done half a dozen transfers for me.

Be forewarned. You're only going to get a fraction of what you paid for it. The second hand market for suppressors is just about non-existent.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I second Kenny at Meplat; great guy who won’t do you wrong. That said, used cans are rarely worth selling on the used market. Hope you the best with this. Also hope you get your teeth taken care of. Dental pain is nothing nice.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I may be wrong about this, but if I am, I am sure someone will correct me. I THINK that if both parties are in the same state, then the buyer can submit Form 4 plus $200 for a direct transfer from seller to buyer, and not have to Form 3 it to an FFL first.

I would appreciate if someone would confirm or correct this if needed.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Once buyer buys it I turn it over to an ffl dealer of buyers choice. Then you do all paper work and 200 tax thru them.
    And pay the dealer usually $100 fee for transfer and holding till approval… depending on the ffl how much they charge

That is true… but I believe the orginal owner has to possess the can untill the new owner is approved.. which could take 24 hours to 12+ months

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I am thinking of saleing my shotgun suppressor. Any suggestions on where's the best place? Facebook groups? Also have 2 AR 15 lowers NIB I need to post. All for unexpected dental procedure. Just not sure of where to post these items anymore with all the controversy

We don’t take cans in on consignment. As others have said the market for second hand cans is almost non-existent.

However, if you find a buyer who is a Louisiana resident, we can draft and mail the transfer documents for $100 (pics/prints/trust extra). The buyer would also have to pay for a tax stamp.

The seller would need to hold the item until the paperwork is complete. The approved stamp would be sent by the ATF to the seller at their last provided address. We can technically hold an NFA item on an inspection and repair letter but usually only do that for machine guns that we broker as it is too much hassle for too little money.

This is why I always advise people to buy good quality stuff from the get go. Sorry about your situation but I would find some other stuff to liquidate that is easier to sell.

cris&joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2016
    Livingston
    We don’t take cans in on consignment. As others have said the market for second hand cans is almost non-existent.

However, if you find a buyer who is a Louisiana resident, we can draft and mail the transfer documents for $100 (pics/prints/trust extra). The buyer would also have to pay for a tax stamp.

The seller would need to hold the item until the paperwork is complete. The approved stamp would be sent by the ATF to the seller at their last provided address. We can technically hold an NFA item on an inspection and repair letter but usually only do that for machine guns that we broker as it is too much hassle for too little money.

This is why I always advise people to buy good quality stuff from the get go. Sorry about your situation but I would find some other stuff to liquidate that is easier to sell.
    Ty!

Top Bottom