Scope covers and other accessories

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Just got my first decent scope, Steiner p4xi, and I'd like to add either a scope coat of some sort for storage and / or some flip lens covers.

Any recommendations?

I've seen the vortex defender caps recommended a lot and those are what I am leaning towards at the moment. They are somewhat decently priced (compared to other options anyway), and seem to be a quality product. It's insane to me that these plastic flip covers are going for $100+ for a set. I am well aware that gun accessories are expensive in general but this one kinda caught me off guard. Definitely wasn't expecting to pay over $100 for a couple pieces of plastic of decent quality.

As for the scope coat, I need one that would fit the p4xi which is about 10" long.

Also open to hearing about any other scope related accessories y'all might use.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I am a big fan of the Vortex Defender caps. They hold up. Springs work correctly. Just the right amount of flex in them. I’ve had others that break or randomly spring open/won’t stay shut. I think it’s fair to spend $40 on a pair

Top Bottom